What made you cry today?

145 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, cb6dba said:

I'd agree but the justice system would have executed far too many innocent people to make me go for the death penalty. 

This case looks cut and dried, but I read that there was a case where the mother was convicted of murdering her kid wiht anti-freeze,  turns out it was down to a rare genetic disorder.

Although I was interested to know why the prison doctors managed to diagnose the second child but not the first. Or was that the mistake.. Looking at tests done in commercial labs, over half were incorrect. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Stallings

She'd be dead now under the same sentencing rules as the other two.  

As a middle ground I'd go for a life of breaking rocks in a field. Until they drop, basic food, keep them warm, keep them working. No chance of release, 12 hours a day, his short life was terrible, their long ones should also be.  

There are videos and text messages, though. Some people are truly, irrefutably guilty. But yeah, breaking stones in the desert until they drop would be almost acceptable.

My cousin passed away recently after a brief illness. His husband flew back to Minnesota with the coffin and buried him in the family plot. He returned to Hamburg yesterday. As is usual for the past many years, we went to the Sneak Preview together tonight. We had delicious burgers and some beer. The movie, End of Sentence, was about a father and son who embark on a trans-atlantic journey to spread his wife's ashes on a lake in Ireland. Cathartic doesn't even begin to describe it.

18 minutes ago, tor said:

My cousin passed away recently after a brief illness.

I'm sorry for your loss.  I'm glad that you could be there for his husband.  Take care.