What made you cry today?

135 posts in this topic

You can only be there from Germany with your heart and spirit  Spider. Your love for your mum is within you.

The time will hopefully come when you bring flowers or whatever and be there for her as your son.

That time will come.

I'm devastated.
Four years ago. Pretty exactly NOW.
I sat next to my kleiner-Kobold's body.
Finally she made it.
We had 29 Years.

This one's for her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PinCg7IGqHg

how do you know its true?   Did J²  tell you

You have obviously not listened to the story, then, Spider.

The story has nothing to do with J2, either.

But there again, you wrote your trivial post in the middle of the night.

He is so obsessed, John. Sad so sad that he thinks it's funny. 

Hearing that Gerry Marsden has died. YMWA played at both my fathers and brothers funerals. Also Ferry across the Mersey reminded me of trips across on the ferry with my grandma a long time ago.

This is possibly more appropriate...

I bet this will be one of the tunes at his funeral...  it was one of his favourites..

Metall- so sorry to hear this. I have also called hospitals over the year asking for  info about elderly loved ones, and talking with them.  As a RN, I have always been the family go-to. It is devastating when going home is no longer an option, and I have seen some elderly loved ones fight it .

Glad you could talk and be supportive for your relative.   May he find safety and support.

Covid has made such inter-actions so much more emotional.

A Facebook friend, who used to live in Stuttgart when I did, went from the States to Uganda to meet her husband, who is working there this year.  Before she went, it was clear that her father, who had gone blind and deaf and had been very sick with dementia, could end up passing.  Her mom insisted that she go see her husband, anyway.  So she went to Uganda to see her husband, taking their kids.  

Sure enough, her father did pass away.  But while that was sad enough for her, that wasn't the worst part.  While she was gone, she'd left her beautiful spotted Croatian dog, Phoebe, in the care of her sister.  Phoebe was adopted from a shelter in Croatia and I had watched her nurse the dog back to health and turn her into a loving pet.  Phoebe was my inspiration for adopting Noyzi from Kosovo.

A couple of days after my friend lost her father, Phoebe inexplicably collapsed, and my friend's sister and mother had to take her to the vet, where she was euthanized.  They aren't sure what happened, since Phoebe wasn't that old.  They speculate she may have survived a poisoning in Croatia and that had weakened her kidneys.  Anyway, when my friend explained how she got all of the bad news from home while she was still in Uganda, she added in this imagery of how she thought of her father waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for Phoebe.  And the thought of that just sent me into tears.