What made you cry today?

122 posts in this topic

Manly386 i dont know you but i am realy sorry that you are suffering so much.

Sorry to hear that Spider, sounds like she's in the final stage, a bit of reflection, a bit of resignation. What is worse is that you can't be with her.

Wow! What a sad thread.

For Manly386, who says he has only 5 months to live, this must be truly awful. Could you tell us something about yourself? I see you live in Vancouver. How did you latch on to this TT site? I'm sure we could all chip in to try and give some positive support.

Thanks, Acton. I will put in my two bits, or at least an idea.

Manly, you had mentioned that your wife could be easily taken advantage of. If you or your wife aren't against finding a good church with Christian people, I'm sure it would help her to have some contact there. In general these people are helpful. My grandfather had nothing to do with church most of his life, but he always wanted to do business with Christian people, as he said that they were honest. 

I do hope the best for you and your wife. 

@manly386 it feels not right to read your post and move on without saying anything. And i dont know what to say.   As a fellow human being i wish you peace of mind and courage and strength for your loved one

When did you go to curry night in Munich? I have a feeling that we met before when you were the barbarian. I've been an off and on regular for years.

My colonoscopy is some months overdue. I was supposed to go back in 5 yrs. First thing on my list when things get "normal" again.

My heart is breaking at the loss of your son. We never get over such things. 

Bear hugs coming your way.

(A million thank you's for whoever cleaned up this thread.)

Hi everyone, emotions are the spice of life. But to much of it can spoil it. I can feel Dave's emotions as I'm in a similar end all position, only with the addition of terrible back/hip pain. Heart problems made an operation not a choice so I just carry on until old age sets the Amen. Can't complain about my life as I saw it all from misery/poverty of my childhood/war and its misery and after the war 3 years more of the same. Then things started to get better and the high light of my life when I left Germany and became an Immigrant in Canada with a desire to become a millionaere because the USA didn't want me. Didn't do badly, besides financial independence I found my self worth and my limitations which all the money could not make up.

Now at 4score and ten the end is in sight and consider it a blessing because of the constant pain.

You sound ready and resigned to your fate. You sound as if you leave reasonably contented and not bitter and angry. Take care, use your time wisely and enjoy what you have left.

On 4/9/2020, 4:05:47, manly386 said:

I've nothing to complain about.  Lived a charmed life, blessed with loving parents, a loving girlfriend (to become my wife later), good health and a body that seemed to accept all the abuse I could heap upon it and come back in fighting form.

What a fine, honest , loving and un-bitter man, you are🙏🏻. Whatever happens- God bless, buddy.

There are no words manly386. I am so sorry.

Also fraufruit and Spiderpig. I give you all a massive group virtual hug. These are terrible times indeed. We must all be strong and support each other.

Reading this thread today made me cry.

Tears of happiness-

Seniors braving the grocery aisles during the coronavirus crisis got a big surprise Wednesday morning at some Louisiana Winn-Dixie stores.

“We have wonderful news for you,” said one store clerk. “Tyler Perry has just paid for your groceries for the day.”

the lovely story

More of this, please.