What made you cry today?

123 posts in this topic

I read this story in 'Stern' the other day.

Their slant on  it was parents were well off surgeon/dentist couple,

large house and multiple Ferraris.

Money missing from praxis, financial crisis spirals.

Difficult proving which parent went after the sleeping

kids with a hammer and kitchen knife. 

How can obviously intelligent people brutally kill their own kids

just because the friends and neighbours notice that the house 

is to be auctioned off by the bailiffs?

Prosecution even noted that a Dr should know that a modern

car with catalyzer doesn't really produce enough carbon monoxide

to kill. So did they really expect to live - and just get rid of the kids ?

Truly sickening - belongs IMHO in the scumbags thread.

Isn't always so?, look a t the case a few years ago, successful businessman kills wife, daughter and all the animals because his business was failing and couldn't face up to it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/apr/04/8

Life for some just seems a charade, got to have the material stuff that says success, got to mix in the 'right circles'. It's all just empty really.

IIT is always the cruelty of people that makes me sad but i dont cry anymore.

On 6/20/2019, 11:47:09, hooperski said:

Totally agree with what LeonG has stated, people seem to be fixated with wealth these days.  Such a really sad story.

Yeah some even start a Brexit campaign just to avoid tax avoidance clamp down to be able to make even more money on the back of people who loose the minimum wage. Would like to see how for example JRM would react to just loosing everything and beeing evicted from his home with his kids. It is a different story of always having to make ends meet as opposed to not knowing where to stay with your kids. They probably went a long way before they felt they had no other option. It needs a lot of time to get a house to be auctioned and facing bankruptcy. Why wasnt anyone there to help. Why werent they able to sell and resettle with a smaller place to live. I feel sorry for all of them.

On 22.10.2019, 11:46:11, Wherearewegoingto said:

Why werent they able to sell and resettle with a smaller place to live. I feel sorry for all of them.

I think many people in that situation are hoping it will work out somehow and that they will be able to keep their house.  Some may put on the blinders and will not realize that their house is gone until it's already being auctioned off. Some may realize before the auction but still too late to have time to sell.

Appropriate bump.   We watched Miracle in Cell No. 7 on Netflix last night, and this is probably one of the saddest movies I've watched in my life.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10431500/

I think this movie has been re-made like 5 or 6 times in the past couple of years, the original is a Korean one.

@robinson100 - Here's a photo of a blood drive being held in a church whose congregation decided to have online services and let the community use the church building for other projects.
webblood-1100x825.gif

"ESCANABA — A local church has temporarily shifted gears in order to help meet the needs of people in the area during the coronavirus pandemic.
Wellspring Community Church, located in the Delta Plaza Mall, started responding to the threats posed by coronavirus in mid-March.
“The very first week that the order came out to not be in groups over 250, we decided to do church only by livestream on Sunday,” Pastor Paul Culbertson said.
As a result, Wellspring found itself with a significant amount of space that was going mostly unused. “Immediately, it came to our minds — what could we use the church for at this time?,” Culbertson said.
The answer, he said, was to use the church as a resource center. The center opened on March 18, and it has been well-received...
Wellspring has been supported in its efforts by another local organization.
“Right now, we have the pregnancy care center (Pregnancy Services of Delta County) partnering with us,” Culbertson said.
According to Culbertson, the resource center has diapers, wipes, formula, baby food, toilet paper and everyday grocery items available for people in the community.
“We also have some activities for kids,” he said.
While Wellspring initially served as a drop-off and pick-up site for donations, it now provides free deliveries of these supplies to the people who need them.
“There’s zero charge for anything we do,” Culbertson said.
Additionally, the church has been working with the Red Cross to host blood drives at the resource center.
“There is a desperate need right now,” Culbertson said of the current demand for blood...
Harper noted the Red Cross’ low supply of blood is due in large part to the cancellation of blood drives that were scheduled to take place at offices and schools. She thanked Wellspring for stepping up and providing a space where blood drives could continue to be held locally..."
----------------------------------

It's groups like this that give religion a good name.

Holy shit Manly386!

What awful news!

You sound like a lovely, caring type of guy, and your wife is very lucky to have you.

On 4/6/2020, 10:47:59, manly386 said:

ps Hi gaberlunzi, send me an email ! 

Hi Dave, would have liked to answer your last mail, but, my email is kaput and and telus my server machine says due to coronas they are short of people. Luckily the Internet part is still working. otherwise I'm more or less in the same position execpt I have a lot of pain even drugs don't help. My favoured pastime bridge was cancelled at the drop-in center and since I cannot walk very much anymore either i sit a lot and go over old chess games of past masters to disperse my thougths somewhat.

Them are the conditions of the golden age and I'm glad I had my good and bad days in the sun and I'm just thinking of my grandchildren, what life will they have?

I have lost all interest in world politics and economics, because neither my wife nor people around me don't won't to see things as i see them and I must say I don't blame them.

Nevertheless, cheers for the remaining days and hope you and anyone out there with trouble get the best out of life what you can. Gaberlunzi

On 4/6/2020, 10:47:59, manly386 said:

To all of you younger people in TT.  Shakespeare had it right,  "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may",  don't go crazy,  but enjoy the world while you are able to,  It's a beautiful place. 

Dave the Barbarian. 

YOU are a real man. Strong, caring and eloquent and  yet accepting what IS. You have my admiration, manly.