Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What made you cry today?

54 posts in this topic

Well done!

Like the judge said, he was brave, had a bad start, and picked himself up after that. And wowed them.

I know that horrific sinking feeling very well - to push through a messy situation like that means huge personal growth. :)

So good your wife used gloves.  That's most likely to have saved the baby bird...and your kindness of course. :)

They are so cute... :wub: we normally just let them do their thing. All they need is the little nest box, and the rest is nature. but that was so lucky that we noticed the parent staring gloomy at the floor (still surprised how that could happen, probably was an accident). Next three hours we were so anxious if the parents behave strange. So glad that the little one has another chance at life. :)

We were so sad when the Gemeinde closed up the holes at the back of the light section of lampposts. So many blue tits nested In there.  Many adult birds still try to get back in there after a few years. You and your wife did a lovely good thing today Erdmann. My only good thing was to find and collect the monster slugs around our garden that have eaten almost every flower we had...I didn't have the heart to kill them nor to deposit them in our not so nice neighbour's garden (the ones that want to kill our cats). The slugs have been moved to neutral territory down the road.:)

1 hour ago, emkay said:

We were so sad when the Gemeinde closed up the holes at the back of the light section of lampposts. So many blue tits nested In there.  Many adult birds still try to get back in there after a few years. You and your wife did a lovely good thing today Erdmann.

Thank you. :)

That's quite sad, since I happened to read a news article (not that current, probably last year's edition) that blue and great tits have been losing homes in cities rapidly. :(

I was just sitting out on my patio, heard a strange rustling behind me, turned around to see a bird...it flopped a bit more, and simply died.

no idea why.

10 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

it flopped a bit more, and simply died.

no idea why.

Probably the heat then... :'(

So sorry Erdmann.  It's hard to lose a pet.  They are every bit a part of the family. 

Thank you for the condolences. :) We went out around the city to take our minds off her. Sitting still at home or a park was just killing us from the inside.

I'm just picturing her having a good time with other dogs in the meadows. Oh dear, the optical dams have bursted again.

Ahh, buddy, I am so sorry to hear this. This just is awful no matter how you turn it.