integration course and working at same time

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am about to start an integration course from the jobcentre and have been told that this could take between 6 months to 1 year. I do not want to be solely on hartz4 for this amount of time and I would like to try to find a part time job.

I am a bit confused regarding this, the whole point of attending a german course is to find a job at the end of it. If I find a part time job now e.g. a cleaning job, then will the jobcentre refuse the integration course? or can I attend the integration course and work at the same time without affecting my hartz4?

are cleaning jobs classed as minijobs? I don't quite know the full meaning of what a mini job actually is.

Could someone explain to me about this situation? I would be greatful.

A mini job is anything where you earn not more than 450€ per month. No taxes for that. And I think that means 20 hours per week. If you earn more than this amount, the Job Centre will show you the door.

You absolutely need to speak to your caseworker about this, because you may not even be permitted to earn 450 euros while collecting Hartz IV, much less when taking an integration course , plus you usually have to pay for your own health insurance if you have the minijob. Your caseworker sees this stuff all of the time, so that person is your best source of information.

5 hours ago, Conquistador said:

you may not even be permitted to earn 450 euros while collecting Hartz IV, much less when taking an integration course ,

True, they might decide to withdraw from the Hartz IV, but I think the integration course will be taken care of. Even I don't kbow why, but I've seen people who did that. They had a job, their course paid by job center, and they hardly attended classes.

I worked a mini job while taking my integrations course and had no problems. I wasn't on Hartz IV, however, so I don't know how that effects your situation.

normally the ruling is up to € 150 if you are unemployed or Hartz 4.They could also offload some of the integration course costs on to you though.All depends on your personal

situation

not to create another topic

Between projects i was employed and wanted to do integration course (I earn more than 1000 euro)

They told me i have to pay myself. Is that legal ?

I have some colleagues who told me they got reduced price for german course ...Was i tricked by Volkhochschule ?

10 hours ago, TraceKira said:

They told me i have to pay myself. Is that legal ?

Perfectly legal.

10 hours ago, TraceKira said:

I have some colleagues who told me they got reduced price for german course.

Did you ask them the details about how they went about it, and if they were instructed by the Ausländerbehörde to attend an integration course?

Definitely ask about the details on how they got reduced pricing.  For some reason, the Ausländerbehörde thought I needed to attend an integration course (married to a non EU permanent resident) so they reduced the price from €150 to €120 for each 100 hour module.  Getting the VHS to process the information took a little more time than an normal registration though when I went to register for the class.

Everything you need to know about eligibility is here: http://www.bamf.de/EN/Willkommen/DeutschLernen/Integrationskurse/integrationskurse-node.html;jsessionid=D89044D25502B8D8902A9DA0D03A330E.1_cid359 (in English)

Try applying direct to the BAMF. When I went to the VHS, they asked if I had the letter, I said no (having no clue what it was), and they quoted me full price. No questions about whether I understood, or if I should have one. The private school I inquired at also asked about the letter, told me I was eligible for a discount and helped me apply.  As an EU citizen, I didn't have the right to attend a course, but the BAMF can allow you to.