Basketball (indoor-outdoor) pickup games in Munich / Ebersberg

14 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I am interested in playing basketball on any day of the week, not too late and not to early, in Munich  (preferably east Munich) or in Ebersberg area.

In the winter, of course, the choices will be confined for indoor courts.

Does any have any idea where to play (other than joining a team?)

Is there anyone interested in playing regularly or sometimes?

Post back please.

3 hours ago, btchaparian said:

Hey Guys,

I am interested in playing basketball on any day of the week, not too late and not to early, in Munich  (preferably east Munich) or in Ebersberg area.

In the winter, of course, the choices will be confined for indoor courts.

Does any have any idea where to play (other than joining a team?)

Is there anyone interested in playing regularly or sometimes?

Post back please.

I am interested, but I am in the States until January/February. I haven't played much in about 10 years or so, but I would definitely be interested in a regular game once I get back to MUC. I know this doesn't hep much now, but I wanted to at least let you know that there is interest in getting a game started, albeit a few weeks down the road.

Hi, I'd be interested in playing as well. I am new in town, so I have no clue yet where to play during winter. Summer should be easier though.

@btchaparian In case you're still looking, I run a basketball club in Grafing, right next door to Ebersberg. We have pickup games indoors every Friday from 8:30 pm to about 10:30 pm. We also have an outdoor court where you can at least shoot some hoops in summer, but there's rarely any pickup games going on there.

Hit me up if you need more info. (That goes for anyone else as well, of course.)

On 4/10/2017, 9:40:41, Jalapeno said:

@btchaparian In case you're still looking, I run a basketball club in Grafing, right next door to Ebersberg. We have pickup games indoors every Friday from 8:30 pm to about 10:30 pm. We also have an outdoor court where you can at least shoot some hoops in summer, but there's rarely any pickup games going on there.

Hit me up if you need more info. (That goes for anyone else as well, of course.)

@Jalapeno I'd be interested to play.  Just moved to Munich this week, and am currently in Neuhausen.  What's the level of play at your club -- is there a place for a 45 year old-ish guy with diminishing skills (never had a lot to begin with)?

On 14.4.2017, 18:37:15, SemiPro said:

@Jalapeno I'd be interested to play.  Just moved to Munich this week, and am currently in Neuhausen.  What's the level of play at your club -- is there a place for a 45 year old-ish guy with diminishing skills (never had a lot to begin with)?

Absolutely, we're very welcoming to anyone. We're a diverse group both age-wise (from 15 to 50+) and skill-wise (from "never touched a ball before" to "plays regularly in a somewhat competitive rec league").

Feel free to drop by – Gymnasium Grafing, Jahnstraße 17, 85567 Grafing, every Friday from 8:30 pm, except during school holidays. The Gymnasium is very close to the S-Bahn stop Grafing Stadt. To get to the gym, cross the soccer field on the left-hand side of the building, turn sharp right at the end, right before the containers, walk through the glass door and enter the second door on the left, that's the locker room.

However ... Grafing is a pretty long commute from Neuhausen, probably about an hour on public transport, so you might be better served finding something in downtown Munich.

Perhaps MTV München (local club in Neuhausen) has something on offer, you can contact them here: http://www.mtv-muenchen.de/index.php/basketball-ansprechpartner

There's also a brochure by the municipality Munich that mentions open-gym basketball: https://www.muenchen.de/rathaus/dam/jcr:d3b3fd95-47b2-42b5-8d9e-a1391840cd88/hallensportprogramm.pdf

The dates are Tuesdays from 7:30 pm, Luisenstr. 7 as well as three separate times on Thursdays, 5:30 pm and 6:45 pm in Wörthstr. 2 and 7 pm in Droste-Hülshoff-Str. 9. I've never been to any of these, however, so I have no idea what to expect there.

Best

Jalapeno

This is great info, many thanks!  I will check out these local spots too, but I have a car, so not fazed by the distance.  I came from LA, and am used to long commutes; I used to drive 1.5 to 2 hours to games.  I think finding a chill, welcoming group to play with would be more important.  I am traveling this week, but will definitely check out your game the following week.  Thanks again!

18 hours ago, Ciej said:

Just in case this is interesting: https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/369333-played-basketball-or-netball-try-something-new/

Korfball is the Dutch version of basketball and a lot of the skills are transferable. We play on Thursday nights near Neuperlach.  PM me if you fancy coming.

Thank you for the invite, @Ciej.  I'll check it out once I figure out my schedule and am able to squeeze in more fitness time during the week.