Forum software upgrade, November 2015

224 posts in this topic

I haven't tested it, but if you call up the stream, you'll see a link called "Edit this stream" just above the table with the latest posts. If you click it, there's an option to "Remove this stream".

This whole thing fails UX 101.  It took me ages to figure out that there is a secret handshake for removing quotes.  Hold command and right mouse click to get a menu that almost looks like the browser menu.  Nice accessibility screw up too.  Without a mouse, it seems impossible to do.

Has 'removed posts' bitten the dust? I have lost a post having not had a chance to see what came next, which is always a bugger.

*sigh*I know and hate it, too...

...awakes the impression you're not worth informing. :(

19 hours ago, tor said:

I can only insert 'existing attachment'. anyone else?

Videos - add the Youtube link - hit return

Easy peasy

Doesn't work for linked images though

Something new on the your profile page though?

0 warning points

No restrictions being applied 

Yep, just saw that, too, Mr.G. What can the likes of you and me do to get that changed from 0 warning points?:lol:

5 minutes ago, john g. said:

Yep, just saw that, too, Mr.G. What can the likes of you and me do to get that changed from 0 warning points?:lol:

Oooooooooh... the possibilities are endless John ;)

It's nice to see a blurb from the first post in each thread before opening it.

Aaaaaaand they took it away.

19 hours ago, tor said:

I can only insert 'existing attachment'. anyone else?

We supposedly have around 9GB for attachments  ( unless I read it wrong a few days back )

Just got a notification that Leon G. has updated his profile picture. I mean..come on..isn´t that a Big Brother-ish? Ah well, not my world but the way of the modern world...

Leon, babe, great pic!:D

The cats and dogs had that, fraufruit! I was devoid of nourishment - the buggers give me no time!:lol:

2 hours ago, john g. said:

Just got a notification that Leon G. has updated his profile picture. I mean..come on..isn´t that a Big Brother-ish?

You can also become a follower of a member. I think that functionality is meant for people who have too much spare time :P.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Just got notification that Mr. G. had fish and cheddar cheese for dinner.

That's spooky - I had salmon for dinner and cheddar on crackers for supper

Just noticed the '0 warning points' on my profile page (somewhat behind the rest of you) - What? Is there some kind of speeding ticket equivalent on here? And all this notification crap, really, if I greened it I don't need reminded, and as to knowing exactly who greened what and when on my posts, again, perleeze, life is too short. This was a nice information sharing forum with a bit of banter, slightly retro in style perhaps, and now I find that I have become the MyTwitFace victim I prefer to scoff at...

Was the fish nice, though? 

And speaking of cheddar, don't forget Lidl is the cheddarquelle again for a while...

Just now, kiplette said:

Was the fish nice, though? 

Scrumptious :D

Depending on your browser, you can turn notifications off  

So glad your fish was good, that has made my day :rolleyes:

Perhaps the notifications thing is worth a go, but that line and the zombie brains on the left seem to be stuck no matter what.

edit: And the eyes on the 'rolleyes' don't roll any more, so 'withering sarcasm delivered with a big friendly smile' has become 'gormless grin with a touch of weed'.