Forum software upgrade, November 2015

224 posts in this topic

Hm, it is a bad translation on an English language forum, zwiebelfisch? I think I´ve just had a Californian moment or something!:lol: (or maybe Japanese, Korean or whatever )!  " Somebody gave you reputation"..I mean...come on!!!! Actually, it could catch on...next time someone says something nice to me in the street or in a shop, I´ll say to them " I´ll give you reputation "...:D...starting to sound good!!!

Ha, zwiebelfisch! " Someone increased my reputation !". They even increased my age the last time TT was disorganising their update! They still make me two months older than I really am (on my profile) and that´s bad news at my time of life!!!!:lol:

Edit: moaning though I´ve decided my next birthday makes me timeless anyway!!!!

Any idea how to show my "followed content" now that the menu item has disappeared? I'm still allowed to manage my followed items, but there's not much point if you can't actually follow them afterwards. This appears to be pissing about with the interface for the sake of pissing about and not for actually providing more useful functionality.

EDIT: Found it under "my activity streams". What idiot came up with that concept!?! 

God I hate this, TT doesn't work on my Android phone any more. Aside from the horrific "stream" view that doesn't properly resize. I cannot even view PMs anymore. *wail*

The "stream" view is annoying with that long linked line down the left having no obvious  purpose whatsoever. I particularly like the little "speech bubble in a circle" icon that has no function except to put up a roll-over notification saying "post". It doesn't actually allow you to post of course. The whole left hand side is just visually clustered without bringing anything useful.. Then to read the post, you need to click on the title or on the time notification (why?) while clicking the number of posts obviously takes you to post number 1 rather than the last post. 

Then editing the post bring up a nice screen where I can select to see "content items, comments and reviews" What are these? And I can set the stream called "Topics I Follow" to contain just "Topics I Follow" or "Everything"  - that's useful for a stream called "Topics I Follow". 

Perhaps I didn't use the "Latest Activity" tab in the past, but now it has a tendency to be a loooong list of people giving reputation to one another. Does this mean everybody voted for more reputation transparency? I didn't check the results of the poll.

Personally, I'm more interested in just seeing what people are saying as opposed to who they're plussing.

3 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Has anyone tried to create a user profile called "somebody" ?

Oh, is that you? :D

Bugger Bugger Bugger Bugger

Latest activity shows posts from the folk on my ignore list - guess I'll just have to ignore latest activity then.. bleh

20 hours ago, chaos_amoeba said:

If you look in the top right on the display, there is an option for 'compact view', which gets rid of a lot of the clutter and generally streamlines things.

I see no such option.

The whole things has gone pretty unuseable :(

There are two little boxes at the top right just above the list of topics.  Hover your mouse over them and the left one says Show expanded view.  The right one says Show condensed view. 

It's on the grey menu bar under the blue bar at the top of the page in the full PC browser mode.  Are you using mobile or tablet?  I'm not sure how to create it from there.

And dear God, I don't want an unread thread scattered over various places in a "timeline"!! That's what THREADS do - keep postings in a timeline! Why do the timeline thing TWICE!!! Arrrrggghhhhhh...

I also used the "New Posts" as my starting point. I really dislike having to scroll down one LOOOONG page to look through a number of posts -- the old system at least had pagination. Every time I go back to my new "Activity Stream" it seems I have to start from the top again!