Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Melderegister

3 posts in this topic

Hey,

Recently i figured out that my "abmeldung" in my previous city was not correct so i visited them and they kindly corrected the record. 

But i figured out that there is no central "melderegister" for example ausländerbehörde has my old invalid data, my current city too. Anyone aware whats the best way to correct my record ? and how many places i should do ? 

I already did with my old city and new city and now plan to go to ausländerbehörde. Any other place i should do ? I guess it will impact my einbuergerung application ? 

Thanks

I guess it will impact my einbuergerung application ? 

No.

I already did with my old city

That's not good because the system is different now. You only should have done with the new city. Nowadays, Abmeldung=you're leaving the country or you become homeless. Just for the future. 

When you register in your new city, you should visit:

1. Ausländerbehörde.

2. Inform your health insurance (and other insurances).

3. Visit Kfz-Zulassung if you have a car, inform car insurance. You don't need to exchange the number plates nowadays (but you can do so if you want to be seen as local by the police).

4. Inform your bank.

That should be it. The only ones who don't need to be informed about new address are debt collectors and GEZ. These will chase you everywhere.