Certificates lost by TNT

8 posts in this topic

I was expecting a packet from overseas by the TNT post (with tracking), and the packet arrived in Germany a few days ago, but it is lost here when it was in hands of German branch of TNT.

Actually They were some original educational certificates so not able to replace them easily  (at least without going back to my country in person!) And they assume the case closed! No further investigation.

So what would you do in this situation?

What did they specifically say about the loss?  If you didn't insure it, I'm not sure what else they would (or are responsible to) do.  Based on your comment, I don't think it is possible for them to replace.

If you didn't insure the documents, you could always try to ask for some compensation but I doubt it would get anywhere.  Might get them to suddenly find it though.

https://www.tnt.com/express/en_my/site/terms_and_conditions.html

You need to make a claim in writing within 21 days of postage date.

yes, but they didn't provider clear information on how exactly to make the claim? any webpage associate to that? should send a letter in any specific format?

- Also i do not know hoe much to claim, because in order to get the documents back i have to spend like 500 euros to go back to my country and issue new certificates. 

yes, but they didn't provider clear information on how exactly to make the claim? any webpage associate to that? should send a letter in any specific format?

- Also i do not know hoe much to claim, because in order to get the documents back i have to spend like 500 euros to go back to my country and issue new certificates. 

I Googled "claim form TNT shipping" and the second hit came to a word document you can fill out + an email address to submit it to.  The fifth hit is a PDF of the same form. 

Further, I went to their website and found their "Help" page . I have provided the links for you, but if there are any issues with it, go to their homepage, then "help centre", then "More FAQs", then "after you ship".  This gives you specific information on how to file a claim. 

i found an online claim link in their German website. i'll fill it with the information,

http://www.tnt.de/__C1257442002D0760.nsf/html/support_transportschaden.html#

but i still don't understand how it is possible to lose a big package like that, especially for a company like TNT who is advertising his service so proudly!! 

But apparently they easily fail you when you trust them with something important that can change your life plans!!

And even they behave like they lost a napkin or a toy, and they don't even talk about further investigation or any thing like that. They simply say "it is lost, sorry, make a claim". and to me that kind of answer after doing many phone calls is like slamming the door in my face!!!

i found an online claim link in their German website. i'll fill it with the information,

http://www.tnt.de/__C1257442002D0760.nsf/html/support_transportschaden.html#

but i still don't understand how it is possible to lose a big package like that, especially for a company like TNT who is advertising his service so proudly!!

But apparently they easily fail you when you trust them with something important that can change your life plans!!

And even they behave like they lost a napkin or a toy, and they don't even talk about further investigation or any thing like that. They simply say "it is lost, sorry, make a claim". and to me that kind of answer after doing many phone calls is like slamming the door in my face!!!

It doesn't sound much different that what happens with FedEx, UPSP, or UPS.  Best of luck on your claim!