Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help - need Vodafone voicemail number (non-German speaker)

7 posts in this topic

Hi, 

Can anyone tell me what number I call to listen to my voicemails on my phone? I'm with Vodafone. At the moment I can't understand German so have no idea what it is saying. I have tried a few numbers including 5500 but it doesn't play anything. 

Thank you ☺️

Kate 

5500 is right.

Vodafone customer service can switch it to English, if you want. Call them on 1212 from that phone. You cannot perform that switching on your own.

However, I would take that chance to start to learn some German. Here ist the menu-map in German...

http://www.vodafone.de/infofaxe/314.pdf

Thank you! 

Called in to the shop today and they had to set it up for me - also said there was no option to change anything into English. It is all sorted now anyway. 

I am learning German slowly but surely! Haha. 

Kate

On 10/23/2015, 6:16:22, franklan said:

5500 is right.

Vodafone customer service can switch it to English, if you want. Call them on 1212 from that phone. You cannot perform that switching on your own.

However, I would take that chance to start to learn some German. Here ist the menu-map in German...

http://www.vodafone.de/infofaxe/314.pdf

Yes you would. No one around the globe gives a fuck about German language except Germans, Austrians and some Swiss citizens. So you should start quitting you-have-to-learn-german attitude because it's useless. She doesn't have to learn it, just because she has to survive in Germany. She can make her way using only English. German days are over with WW. 

I never learnt it and I won't just to counter your common attitude. I speak 3 other languages by the way. Actually, most of you should learn English so you can realize that Germany is not the Earth.

48 minutes ago, Sadok said:

No one around the globe gives a fuck about German language except Germans, Austrians and some Swiss citizens. So you should start quitting you-have-to-learn-german attitude because it's useless. She doesn't have to learn it, just because she has to survive in Germany. She can make her way using only English. German days are over with WW. 

I never learnt it and I won't just to counter your common attitude. I speak 3 other languages by the way. Actually, most of you should learn English so you can realize that Germany is not the Earth.

So, a three other languages speaking brainiac reopens a three year old thread in the TV&Telecoms section to rant that WW is over... (and then even fails to handle the quotation right)

You're barking mad.

25 minutes ago, franklan said:

So, a three other languages speaking brainiac reopens a three year old thread in the TV&Telecoms section to rant that WW is over... (and then even fails to handle the quotation right)

You're barking mad.

Good Job on your failure to handle an answer, and proceed to change the subject.

@Sadok you are not wrong. It’s usually those Germans who can not speak and understand English who are reacting negatively to non German speakers. Many tend to be condescending. It’s probably the feeling of why they have to struggle to communicate in English when it would have been easier if the other person can speak German. Usually, they would ask how long one has been in this country and proceed to make a big deal why the person still can’t speak Deutsch. It happened to me when I was still learning the language years ago. A Hausartzt repetitively asked about my ability to speak German and how she made such a big deal about the language my child speaks and where my child grew up. So I told her off and gave her 1 star review. 

But they are not wrong to feel frustrated though, as speaking Deutsch (although not mandatory especially for those with professional degrees) really is quite a big deal in this country. It’s a means for effective communication after all.