The English Teacher's Corner

269 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Acton said:

Good luck with that! In my experience, most companies are running so scared about the possible future repercussions of this, noone is even considering renewing any training contracts. Like a ship in a storm, the only thing to do is 'Batten down the hatches' and wait til it blows over. The only question is how long this storm will last.

If you are living from hand to mouth, as many English teachers abroad are, it will be a very, very difficult time ahead.

But that's the very reason to keep going. Set up an online platform and offer it to your clients, show them you're a professional and that you can keep them going with their English.  Trust me, a week or two at home and many people will be more than happy to do something else, like English training, for a hour or so.

Take tor up on his offer and at least learn how these platforms work. Who knows, it could lead to even more work because there are no limits online.

Just don't give up, push back and you'll be surprised who's happy to take you up on your offer.

On 21.11.2019, 13:33:17, tor said:

I think I am going to have to have a little talk with my student. She started subtly hitting on me...

Just give her the lyrics to Move Away, Culture Club, to diagram. :)

1: Sandbox
2: Man overboard
3: I understand
4: Reading between the lines
5: Long underwear
6: Crossroads
7: Downtown
8: Tricycle
9: Split level
10: 3 degrees below 0
11: Neon lights
12: Circles under eyes