Drunken Uninhibited Meetup for Beer (DUMB) in Stuttgart

1,423 posts in this topic

Oh dear, halfright is beginning to speak American, Brits don't normally say Good morning guys, we say hello everybody. Was it the beer last night or Guests bad influence

Had a great time last night and now I know how Bookslut got her name. Looking forward to seeing you all again in August.

Well you know, they ruined the English language but I don't hold any grudges :D Some things are a small improvement, I think, and the informality seemed ... more appropriate to me. (Or we can just blame JC :ph34r: it's easier!)

What a nice offer, halfright. We'll see where I am in Oct.

I'll def be out of town in August.

Thanks

No problem, I'm also out of town until September anyway but as long as you realise that this is not an empty offer, I do mean it and also if anybody else would like to take advantage of the offer then I'm sure it may be possible to make an arrangement.

Looking forward to October when Halfright can again join us and convenient for him, would be awesome if we could plan for 2 Oct because my mum (a Judy Dench ringer) will be here.

I hope we're still on for next week. Today I engaged in English w/the TüV man from Poland and he wants badly to improve his English; so I invited him to join.

Looking forward to meeting for our next DUMB soiree!

Best, Alana

I don't think there's been a concrete decision yet. We could go back to one of the two places we've been thus far, i.e.

* Brauhaus Calwereck up near Rotebühlplatz

* Brauhaus Schönbuch

or we could try somewhere else.

White Rose of Yorkshire made these suggestions:

* Carl’s Brauhaus on (well, just around the corner from) Schlossplatz

* Ochs'n Willi on Schlossplatz

* Weinstube Kachelofen between C&A and Breuninger (although I'm not sure if there's space to sit outside here)

All are easy to reach via public transport, once we decide which one to go for I'll make a reservation and post directions.

Or has anyone else got any suggestions?

Signup for DUMB on Thursday, 14 August at 7:00 pm - please vote for your preference of where!

1. Guest (he'll probably be happy to go wherever beer is served...)

2. Frollein - I liked Brauhaus Schönbuch, but the service was abysmal - so I vote for Carls Brauhaus

Signup for DUMB on Thursday, 14 August at 7:00 pm - please vote for your preference of where!

1. Guest (he'll probably be happy to go wherever beer is served...)

2. Frollein - I liked Brauhaus Schönbuch, but the service was abysmal - so I vote for Carls Brauhaus

3. mkwiede - Carls Brauhaus or Ochs'n'Willi

1. Guest (he'll probably be happy to go wherever beer is served...)***

*** indeed, but let's make it official and call it for Carl's Brauhaus. :)

My other half is now out of hospital and getting on my nerves a bit ;) so I'll sign up for the DUMB meeting on Thursday.

4. White Rose of Yorkshire I'll go for Carl's Brauhaus too.

Signing for DUMB on Thursday, 14 August at 7:00 pm - please vote for your preference of where!

5. AlanaSusan (going w/the flow.. Carl's sounds good)

6. Peter and his frau (new friends of mine..he wants to practice English!)

7. J.R. (not Ewing) - 85% certain to join

HEY where's our resident Bookslut? I hope she joins us!

Looking forward again! :D

5. AlanaSusan (going w/the flow.. Carl's sounds good)

6. Peter and his frau (new friends of mine..he wants to practice English!)

8. J.R. (not Ewing) - 85% certain to join

@ Alana: Bookslut is in the land of the supersize, and will be back for our September meetup.

Okay, you DUMBies! ;)

I've made a reservation for 8 people at 7 pm at Carls Brauhaus, name of "Toytown". Nearest U-Bahn is Schlossplatz, but Hauptbahnhof is also just around the corner.

Looking forward to seeing everybody, and getting our DUMB on... :rolleyes:

I have never had Pflammkuchen or Maultaschen, so I could be a bit adventurous or I could stick with Schweinekrustenbraten with Knödel, which is one of my favorite meals.

Either way, I'm hungry...

Since the weather forecast is for rain, the reservation is for inside. However, I'll try to turn up early enough to get an outside table if the forecast is wrong.

At the moment (16:40) it's lovely, sunny but cool.

Certianly some UP and down weather. Either way, see you at 7

with bells on.

My guest, J.R. will not be in tow, sorry.

I am 3 now.

Alana

Another really fun evening, and we've now become even more multicultural, with a lovely Polish couple that wants to practice their English.

Thanks, Alana, for inviting them along.

Best quote of the evening: "She's a hottie and he's got great hair"... by dude extraordinaire Guest, about said Polish couple. ;)

Close second: "I am three now"... by Alana. :D

I had a great time, although man was it *loud* in there. Looking forward to next time!

Liebe Frollein,

Most certainly it was a fine evening and a warm atmosphere oh and the yummy chocolate surprise too, danke.

Thanks for welcoming the Polish couple and an added surprise visit by their charming son from Munich. Sorry if I was a bit inattentive to ya'll but it was hard to speak with slow and articulately on one side of me and be jolly and vivacious on the other. But people with ADHD are good at multitasking aren't we Jay? I like sitting next to White Rose, she has a calming affect on me :-) .. I enjoye laughing, need this more :-)~~

I'm going to make suggestions for our next meet up, perhaps something a bit different but have no fear; they'll still be pouring some brewski's there.

It was a blast - whoo hooo,

Alana

P.S. Could we consider editing the name of our meet-up? Sorry Jay, it's funny, and I think uninhibited & drinking could still be included - just the 'DUMB' part is, well kinda dumb'ish.