Drunken Uninhibited Meetup for Beer (DUMB) in Stuttgart

1,418 posts in this topic

We now have the minimum required number of people for the event to be called a meetup... :P

Yeah, and if we stay at the minimum, I suggest we dump the Spätzle idea and just go for DUMB. :rolleyes:

Perhaps at the Irish pub in Vaihingen for a change? Although now that I think about it, that is a bit out of the way. Would be nice to have a food option though, those sandwiches at Biddy Early were not all that...

Hi,

New to the forum and Toytown but not new to stuttgart exactly. So where is this meet-up? Biddy or where?

Thanks.

That's what we're trying to figure out.

@Frollein: It will take me about an hour with 3 train/bus switches to get home from Vaihingen. Perhaps when the project has calmed down a bit, but I can't do that right now. I have to get up too early to be playing around with too many trains and buses late at night...

@Guest: Sorry, forgot about that - it's not actually that far to walk to the S-Bahn station in Vaihingen, which will take you directly to Hauptbahnhof, but it will of course take you longer then from the middle of town.

I had a bit of a Google and found out that there are various other Irish pubs, but they're all not very centrally located, i.e. not very convenient for us.

My suggestion: If by tomorrow midday none of those that wanted a place that serves "real" food signs up, then let's go for Biddy Early's.

then let's go for Biddy Early's.

Let's just do that. I think the two of us are running this thing at this point...

Edit: I already changed the subtitle...

7pm Thu. 5.JUN.2014 @ Biddy Early's

1. Guest

2. Frollein

I herby sign up for the meet up tomorrow:)

I don’t want to mess up your plans but have you thought about going to Sophie’s Brauhaus? It is next door to Biddy Early’s and Thursday evening is AMERICAN NIGHT.

http://www.sophies-brauhaus.de/aktionskarte.html

That's not a bad idea. Why don't we "all" meet at Biddy Early's and then decide on the spur of the moment, whether we want to head on over there...

Thanks for the suggestion, Rosie. Will they serve me even if I'm not American? Or what... oooohh, spareribs! I am so up for this! :)

7pm Thu. 5.JUN.2014 @ Biddy Early's

1. Guest

2. Frollein

3. White Rose of Yorkshire

Just managed to convince the GerMan there will be no lunch served here, so he's leaving for Würzburg... I'm holding out for spareribs for dinner. :P

I don't really want to change the location this late, in case there are hundreds who didn't sign up... :P But if we're going to go straight to sophie's brauhaus, then the latecomers won't find us anyway, not that there will be any.

Fine. I'm changing the location again...

7pm Thu. 5.JUN.2014 @ Sophie's Brauhaus

1. Guest

2. Frollein

3. White Rose of Yorkshire

The huddled masses yearning to be free, I mean yearning to get together for a DUMB, will hopefully log in beforehand and find out where we're at. :rolleyes:

If either of you are out a bit early, I'm probably going to head over to Biddy Early's for a Guiness at around 6:15 or 6:30, before heading over to Sophie's.

Nice evening with you yesterday, Guest and White Rose of Yorkshire. :)

However, it shall be noted that Sophies Brauhaus' idea of American food is very German - I won't be doing that again. Next meetup is during the World Cup!

Next meetup is during the World Cup!

or we could push it back to after it's over...

I had a great time, too. :)

It was nice meeting you both yesterday. I haven't laughed so much for ages. For those of you who didn't come, you really missed a good night out.

Many thanks to Guest for posting his great idea in the first place.

While the world cup is still going on the first Thursday of July, it looks like there are no matches that day. :)

7pm Thu. 3.JUL.2014 @ TBA

1. Guest