Drunken Uninhibited Meetup for Beer (DUMB) in Stuttgart

1,397 posts in this topic

Glad you guys had fun, my sad little ass was in bed at 8:30pm after getting back from my business trip on Wed - next time hopefully.

You would have actually only gotten to sleep a little bit later had you joined us. We ended the first official DUMBF (now that Frollein has added fun, we need something to fill in the UCK at the end of that) at 9PM, as we both had early morning meetings.

And I even managed to get up at stupid o'clock, pack for the weekend at the GerMan's and give the impression of being coherent and awake at my meeting.

Pretty much the same here. I was up at 5:30, packed, coffeed, and dressed by 6:30. Then I surfed for a while, before jumping on the UBahn and was at work by 8.

Sorry I flaked. I stopped eating carbs two weeks ago...I was in a bitchy mood yesterday.

Next time, can we meet for pasta, or fries, or käsespätzle?

Pizza/Pasta sounds good. The one time I ate Spätzle with Sauerbraten (who does that??) was enough for me.

How about the Pizza Hut at Stadmitte?

Dude. I would do some Spätzle with Sauerbraten in a heartbeat!

You are in the Stutt, you need to get your Spätzle on.

I'm a Franke at heart. ;)

Give me a big old portion of Schäuferle and a couple of Knödel mit Soße, and I'm a happy camper.

Don't worry... here in Schwabenland you'll be Spätzalized in this stuff very soon :ph34r:

That works for me. I don't know what half that stuff is (Gaisburger Marsch, Siedfleisch, etc.), but at some point I should try a Maultasche.

If all else fails, there's Schnitzel with Pommes. :)

I've already changed the date and place. Couldn't post before now, because nowadays you hit the 4% posting rule with just 18 or 19 posts...

The cafe on the SW side of the Markthalle does pretty good Maultaschen. The Markthalle itself is interesting too.

Great consternation on my part - I've just realised we're on holiday at Lake Constance part of next week, which might impinge on doing the DUMB thing. :blink:

Hi. I would very much like to meet some other US colleagues. I live about 60 km south of Stuttgart.

I just joined the website in search of some fellow US Citizens. I am on purpose not using the word "American" out of respect for any Canadian mates. :-)

Let me know when you will all meet again and where. I cannot drink too much since I will drive. But then again, I could always get a Baden-Wuerttemberg train ticket.

Thanks.

Hristian

You're very welcome to join us, here's the sign-up sheet.

1. Guest

2. Hristian

3. Frollein (maybe)

This event is this coming Thursday. Please sign up, if you are showing up. Hristan was signed up by Frollein, but never confirmed, and Frollein's was a "maybe", so please sign up (again) if you're really going to join in. Thanks.

7pm Thu. 5.JUN.2014 @ Murrhardter Hof

1. Guest

I'm in, we're driving back late tomorrow evening, and I'm free on Thursday

7pm Thu. 5.JUN.2014 @ Murrhardter Hof

1. Guest

2. Frollein