Drunken Uninhibited Meetup for Beer (DUMB) in Stuttgart

1,423 posts in this topic

Hi, another new to Stuttgart person here who’d like to join. I shipped over 19 boxes of books, so I think I’d be a good addition.

So let's see if I've got this right...

1. Guest

2. Frollein

3. Luckylou808 (maybe)

4. Bookslut (maybe)

5. JetUSA

Cool. I expected to check in and still see Frollein and (maybe) Luckylou.

Looking forward to seeing as many people as possible...

Just 3 more sleeps, as my daughter would say... :)

Can't attend unfortunately, since I will be on holiday.

Hopefully, there will be another meeting this month or in June.

We could go for a walk, e.g. around the forest and TV Tower in Degerloch, and then to the biergarten afterwards.

cheers,

fuwa

Hopefully, there will be another meeting this month or in June.

I'll discuss it with whoever shows up tomorrow. I'd like to make this a regular thing**, but I think more than once a month is going to be too much for Stuttgartians.

** I'm thinking the first Thursday of every month might be a good way to set it up, but we'll see...

Regular is good, but anything more than once a month (at the beginning) might be a bit overly ambitious. Don't want to scare off the few unafraid souls who dared to sign up. ;)

I almost posted something very similar. I just ignored the walking part, instead... :P

We could go for a walk, e.g. around the forest and TV Tower in Degerloch, and then to the biergarten afterwards.

All that walking will keep us from getting DUMB! :rolleyes:

Once a month?

Lightweights.

Dude! Up until now there were no regular meetups at all. I'll be happy if this happens more than once or twice...

Last call for alcohol! Depending on how things go at work, I'll probably show up around 6:30 tonight.

Just look for the dude in my profile pic. I probably won't be wearing my glasses, but other than that, I'm just a couple of years older and a lot better looking than that... :P

I really don't want to bail, but I seem to have picked up some sort of infection - get your minds out of the gutter, it probably happened when I was doing garden work earlier this week - and since yesterday all the lymph nodes in the upper part of my body (I did not know there were so many lymph nodes on the head) are swollen and hurting, and I'm on massive antibiotics, plus tetanus jab yesterday.

So, probably best no alcohol for me, although I'll see how I'm feeling tonight. And I look just like my profile picture, but with black glasses and chubby swollen cheeks. :P

all the lymph nodes in the upper part of my body (I did not know there were so many lymph nodes on the head) are swollen and hurting,

Just in case, get checked for mumps, please (German word is the same, just pronounced MOOOMPS) if they haven't done it already. Just saying.

Get well soon!

Thanks for the get-well wishes, I'm feeling much better this afternoon than I did yesterday and this morning, so we'll see how it goes tonight after work. Maybe I'll stick to Radler, that's to beer like bratwurst is vegetables to vegetarians, right? :rolleyes:

Didn't actually occur to me to think of mumps, but I've not had any exposure, and the source of the infection is pretty clear (look for the chick with the red horn on her forehead).

Cool, then perhaps I'll see you tonight after all. I think fish and not bratwurst was what you were looking for. :)

Drunken: not enough alcohol and too many antibiotics in my system.

Uninhibited: sorry, no one made a spectacle of themselves. TT sharing meant we "knew" each other without ever having met, so what was there to be inhibited about?

Meetup: start small, same philosophy for meetups as for world domination.

Beer: Radler for me, Guiness for Jay.

Fun! Looking forward to getting DUMB again soon. :)