Drunken Uninhibited Meetup for Beer (DUMB) in Stuttgart

1,440 posts in this topic

Signup for DUMB on Thursday, 16 October at 7:00 pm

We have one suggestion, Mata-Hari (located near the Rathaus U-Bahn) - further suggestions are welcome!

1. Guest

2. Frollein

I do hope other suggestions trickle in as I'm having second thoughts about Mata-Hari...anyone?

1. Guest

2. Frollein

3. Alana

Kenya, I have your goodies, so am hoping you'll be able to come.

Best from,

S.A.S.

1. Guest

2. Frollein

3. Alana

4. White Rose of Yorkshire

I might manage to be there on time on Thursday evening. :)

Boo hoo. I can't make it. :(

Mata Hari is my daughter's hang out. She loves it there. There are several places in that area--Deli, or Cafe Weiß are the ones I remember.

I still haven't found a place with a big round table. I seem to remember Weinstube Fróhlich having one, but I checked, and they don't... Maybe a Vereinsgaststätt?

Have fun!

KissKiss

Annie

P.S.

Not close to Mata Hari, but close to public transportaion (and a favorite of mine): http://www.schlesinger-int.com/

1. Guest

2. Frollein

3. Alana

Rats, both Mkwiede and Bookslut are non-starters this time round. Smaller groups are not all bad though - we won't be quite as spread out on a long table, and therefore have a better chance to talk to everyone there. :)

Mata Hari is my daughter's hang out. She loves it there. There are several places in that area--Deli, or Cafe Weiß are the ones I remember.

This sounds like we might be a bit old for Mata Hari. Sorry, I'll rephrase that. I might be a bit old for Mata Hari. :P

Other suggestions:

* Cafe Weiss - near the Rathaus (just down from Mata Hari)

* Ochs'n Willi - on Schlossplatz (bit pricier than our usual)

* Weinstube Kachelofen - near the Rathaus (bit pricier than our usual)

* Schlesinger - near Friedrichsbau (recommended by Bookslut)

Or we could go back to one of the places we've been thus far, i.e.

* Biddy Early's (no food except very skimpy sandwiches though!) - near Rotebühlplatz

* Sophies Brauhaus - near Rotebühlplatz

* Brauhaus Calwereck - near Rotebühlplatz

* Brauhaus Schönbuch - near Schlossplatz

* Carl’s Brauhaus - on Schlossplatz

I haven't been to Brauhaus Calwereck for ages and couldn't come to the meeting in July when you all met there. If you don't mind going there again and you were all satisfied with the food and service the last time you were there, I vote for Brauhaus Calwereck.

Just to update: Mata Hari might not be the best choice - I happened to walk by there last night, and the place was packed with teens and very young twens. And the entire Gasse near Mata Hari was full of hordes of teens waiting to get in. Man, did I feel ancient! :blink:

Right! I was thinking I should retract my suggestion so thanks for getting ahead of it. What in Hades what I thinking? I'm the one always complaining about the teenies everywhere and that no ppl my age go out... I've even experienced that exact same chaos myself a time or three.. ughhh.

I'm all for Brauhaus Calwer-eck too or wherever as long as it's reasonable and we don't have to SCREAM.

Alana

Signup for DUMB on Thursday, 16 October at 7:00 pm at Brauhaus Calwereck - near Rotebühlplatz

1. Guest

2. Frollein

3. Alana

I'll ring them up tomorrow and make a reservation.

Alana-

I'll be missing out, this time.

Have fun!

KissKiss

Annie

NEWSFLASH:

Guest just told me he has to cancel tonight, as he unexpectedly has a viewing for a new flat. And me, I must confess I'm feeling slightly frazzled - I'm babysitting a colleague that's visiting from one of our Latin American offices until next Tuesday, and it's a bit more challenging than I expected.

So here's my proposal:

We can meet up tonight for a small, cozy TT meetup - or we can postpone for one week, and have the meetup on Thursday, 23 October instead.

What do you think?

@the.frollein: Thank you for taking so much trouble to fix things.

It seem that next Thursday is better for everybody, so I suggest meeting up on the 23.10.2014 too.

Postponing works better for me too. Someone read my mind, thank you Universe~!

Looking forward to next week so let's pray for a warm Indian Summer evening. Even better as I hope Kenya can join.

Frollein, thx for the SMS heads-up. ;)

Alana S.

Thanks everybody, for chiming in - I've now "officially" changed the date to next week Thursday. A nice Indian summer evening would be perfect! :)