Drunken Uninhibited Meetup for Beer (DUMB) in Stuttgart

1,440 posts in this topic

P.S. Could we consider editing the name of our meet-up? Sorry Jay, it's funny, and I think uninhibited & drinking could still be included - just the 'DUMB' part is, well kinda dumb'ish.

I suppose we could change it to something like the fun, uninhibited cool kids. :)

Does the 18th of September work for everyone for our next meetup?

I have to admit, I'm quite attached to the DUMB thing - but it's not a must. Whatever works for the majority. Maybe Mr. Cool can give it some thought. ;)

18th of September sounds good, and Bookslut should be back in Stuttgart then too, right?

I have to admit, I'm quite attached to the DUMB thing -

Me, too. I sat there for at least 5 minutes coming up with the words to form that acronym. The acronym came first and the full name of the meetups after that. ;)

18th of September sounds good, and Bookslut should be back in Stuttgart then too, right?

Ezzato. :)

Me, too. I sat there for at least 5 minutes coming up with the words to form that acronym.

Okay, that clinches it... 5 minutes in your time is 3 weeks in mine. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone got home safely yesterday evening. It was nice to see you all again.

Haha, I think I must be turning into a sort of Jeykkell & Hyde Person. Last month Halfrght said I was a party animal and now Alana says I have a calming influence on her. What are our monthly meetings doing to me? :D

I'll be back in Stuttgart for our next meeting so see you all on the 18th.

I think I must be turning into a sort of Guest & Hyde Person.

Fixed that for you... :P

OK ya'll, let's be DUMB, doesn't really matter, it's all fun anyhoo. I like making up names though so if you ever need somethign invented, I'll chime in when I'm having a rare calm moment (sitting near the charming White Rose...)

18 SEP sounds super.. I'm bringing my mummy with!

Sooz

As always good fun and laughs from both sides of the table...

I am still on for the 18th as of now. My husband may have a work trip (he won't be able to confirm until the week before).

I think this time we should do a *dive* this time, as suggested by Alana. Something like a "diner experience".

Any ideas?

Hey, any of you DUMBies like Karaoke?? I DO and never have anyone to go with ..

I have never done it, but wouldn't be against it. If I recall correctly, Biddy Early's has Karaoke on Wednesdays. Maybe we could do a Wednesday meetup one month. That won't work for me next month, as I have an evening meeting on the 17th, but let's keep that on the back burner.

The downside... They don't do food, except for sandwiches, and this event has pretty much become a meal and drinks thing...

Yes that could be fun if you don't mind DUMBing it up with kids (20-30agers)

Possible change for me:

My daughter just confirmed she's here on the 17th for a week and now the 17th won't work for me.

I really want to bring my mom...any chance we could have our meet up before the 17th???

Thanks for the consideration (hint hint hint) :lol:

SusanAlana

Hello,

I'm in Tubingen, not Stuttgart, but I feel that's close enough to qualify for attendance - mind if I come? I have all my dumb certificates recently updated and tattooed appropriately.

Cheers,

David

@ Tuppers: The more the merrier!

Although, wait a minute, might need to check whether Guest can deal with another guy. Since Halfright left, he's had all us chickies to himself. ;)

@ Alana: We originally settled on the 18th because Bookslut will be back in Stuttgart then. IIRC the October meetup is planned back at the beginning of the month, like it was originally - isn't your mom still here then?

Sounds like a tough job for Guest... perhaps he needs some assistance. Hope to see you all soon, Dave

HI Frollein,

Oh that's right, forgot Bookslut was away and just back in town.. Sure my mom is here for a month but my daughter is only here 6 days anti-socializing with my friends and I hate to miss out.

But now that I realize we're meeting 18th not 17th as I erreonously thought, we may be able to come and give her some quiet time...I have to see; she's pretty bossy :-) lol.

Thanks for the update and we will do our best..hate to miss out on seeing ya'll and meeting Tuppers from Tübingen; gotta see how Jay is in the throws of competition.

Best,

A.S.S.

Resucitating this thread, the next DUMB is planned for next week Thursday, 18 September at 7:00 pm.

Since head honcho Guest is still ogling topless beautys on Italian beaches, he asked me to get the signup list going.

Signup for DUMB on Thursday, 18 September at 7:00 pm - where is still open, please post your suggestions!!

1. Guest

2. Frollein

Heard from Guest last night, he and the family are having a great time on their holiday, and yes, topless beach babes are involved. ;)

Signup for DUMB on Thursday, 18 September at 7:00 pm - where is still open, please post your suggestions!!

1. Guest

2. Frollein

3. Mkwiede - how about Joe Penas for Mexican and great happy hour deals?

Greetings, Stuttpeople!

I am still in a fog of jet lag, mixed with PTSD of being stuck in a small, mostly Republican town in the middle of the desert, during a nasty monsoon season...with my two frail, yet strongly stubborn parents...I need drugs, wine, and raunchy entertainment.

I plan on being "there" on the 18th. I have forgotten how to do quotes, or whatever one needs to do to add my name to the above list. I also forgot my password, as well as which email address I signed up with, so it took a while getting back here. Does anyone know where I hid my password book? UGH.

KissKiss

Bookslut

1. Guest

2. Frollein

3. Mkwiede - how about Joe Penas for Mexican and great happy hour deals?

4. Bookslut

Drugs, wine and raunchy entertainment... erm... in Stuttgart?? :blink:

Looking forward to seeing you!