Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Berlin TND chat archive

415 posts in this topic

Its just across the road from the George R. Better option in terms of what? I dont take smoking / non smoking into account as its not necessary, but it does serve food untill 11 or so wont be smoking. Its not a massive place (like the Kalasch) but they dont mind groups.

In that sense Its different than George R, Ive been there before with a group. I dont know Kalasch's stance on large groups, which is just around the corner from the Sugar and Georgy boy. Remember Luis, group size cannot be determined untill the night. sometimes 10 turn up, sometimes 20+!

What I would say is, whoever suggested the George R should maybe next time pop round to check the place out and ask if theyre okay with having groups

I know, I'm just saying that we should decide soon and from what zwiebelfisch said, they might be quite anti-large groups so there's a risk. We could just say f it and go since it won the vote.

and Like you said in your last post, you dont wanna get harrased or removed if we're too many, so the 'F it and go' option might not be good. Sugar is just across the road anyhow, so if folk had planned to come to Moabit and George they need only cross the road.

I could bring a flag along.

Sugar is definitely friendly in general and friendly to groups (though the space is not huge), as well as non-smoking as far as I know, so I'd say that's probably the better option...  

Kallasch has live music tonight and usually I can hardly even get in the door when there's something on there, so that probably wouldn't work.

Fine with me, I feel like a troublemaker anyway ;-)  I already asked Sugar if they could reserve a table for tonight for 10 people (just a rough estimate I know) and they said they would

Time to call. Tonight we will meet in the Sugar Bar, Wilhelmshavener Str. 14,10551 Berlin. Nearest U Bahn is Birkenstr. or Turmstrasse on the U9. If you prefer the 4 wheeled variety, buses 101,123,187,245 and M27 stop on Turmstraße, and its just a short walk up Wilhemshavener Str.

good suggestion - now its Autumn you might wanna reserve a Tisch or two inside though.

BR101: luisvs, Butter

Ok, we'll call it now. Tomorrow we'll meet at BR101 on Torstrasse 69 at 8pm. Nearest U-bahn is Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz.

There's a table reserved under Luis.

Just a heads up I'll be joining you all tonight. Day 3 in Berlin from South Africa :D

Not to point fingers or anything of that nature, but Will and I had to cover 24 euros worth of drinks last night because someone or some people didn't pay for them. We've been really good about it normally, so I don't want to enforce paying for your drinks as you go, but if you're planning on having a long night, think about doing so in order to avoid that situation. I, for example, write down everything I drink as I go so I don't forget anything and leave others stuck with my tab.