Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Female basketball in Berlin (RLN)

15 posts in this topic

There is a nice international basketball team playing in Friedrichshain and competing in Regionalliga 2, and we are looking for a few girls/women to complete it. The age varies between 17 and 36 and we practice twice a week, in the evening. The practices are held in English and they take place in a beautiful modern gym not far from Alexanderplatz. The season starts in October and lasts until March. 
If you have solid basketball experience, motivation to play, and are looking for exercise and fun, please drop us a line. You can come and check it out first, without commitment. 

Hi there. How solid the experience should be? :) Honestly, I didn't play in a team for 5 years. But would be great if you can give me a bit more info and I can be useful for training at least :)

That's a good question. The 5 years you haven't play don't matter. What matters more is how many years you played before the break. I would say "solid" basketball experience starts with at least 5 years playing organized basketball in a team. Most my girls have at least 5-6 years of basketball in teams at different levels. Some of them grew with this team that went from Bezirksliga to Landesliga to Oberliga and now to Regionalliga. Others joined at different stages. Trying out is open to anyone, so just come and see how it goes. I can send you the details in PM.

Hello  My name is Elena Georgiou and I am  18 years old from Cyprus.I am 1.69m and I have been playing basketball for 5years in Olympos and after in Apollon team . I am here to study.I really like playing basketball and I am looking for a team to continue my trainning 

Hi - what's the best way to get in touch with you about this basketball team, my wife is interested and we've just moved to Berlin. She's pretty good. 

Hi Adam, 

When is the next try out day? And could you give me the address if it's possible.

Thanks ☺

Hello Adam. I coach a women's team in Köpenick. If things don't work out with the women who attend your tryouts please send them my way. We play in the Landesliga in Berlin. Thanks and best wishes to your team.

Hi Steve!

Thanks for the shout-out. I will keep it in mind. We are currently looking into starting a second team for the next season, so I don't know if I will have any extra players, but as I said I'll keep it in mind.

Glad to know I'm not the only coach in Berlin coaching in English. :)

best

Adam

Hi Adam,

Is this post still valid? I'm interested in joining the females basketball team.

Best wishes 

Hi!

Yes, it is still valid, though we went up a league (now playing in Regionalliga 1). Please send me a PM. 
Adam

Alex, the cost is 7.50 euros a month, hence incredibly cheap. In fact, it´s the cheapest club in Berlin since it´s not just a sports club but they also do social work and work with children.