Afghan GF facing deportation - where can we find legal help?

259 posts in this topic

Have you checked already whether there are EU-countries which will recognise common law "marriages" (I think the Netherlands do, but I´m not sure). Maybe you could take her there and she could stay as your "common law wife"?

If she lives with me doesnt mean I hide her ...wtf.

She is under medical treatment now for at least 1 month more. Do you think they can still deport a sick person ?

Regarding marriage...  i dont think she can leave the country so that we marry in Romania.

Then marrying in Germany ... i wonder if its possible and what documents we need( she has only a german paper where it says her name , photo and date untill she can stay here). She has no afghan ID or birth certificate.

If she gets deported in Hungary  how do i get her in Romania so that we can marry ?

If she lives with me doesnt mean I hide her ...wtf.

She is not allowed to move in with you (unless of course she has permission from the authorities, which under the circumstances is highly unlikely). If she is living with you in order to evade the authorities, then you are hiding her.

She is under medical treatment now for at least 1 month more. Do you think they can still deport a sick person ?

If she doesn't file her appeal within 1 week of having received her deportation notice, yes they can deport her.

Regarding marriage...  i dont think she can leave the country so that we marry in Romania.

You can try contacting the Romanian Embassy or see if you can find a forum for Romanian immigration questions.

Then marrying in Germany ... i wonder if its possible and what documents we need( she has only a german paper where it says her name , photo and date untill she can stay here). She has no afghan ID or birth certificate.

Forget about getting married in Germany. She has neither the time nor papers necessary.  

If she gets deported in Hungary  how do i get her in Romania so that we can marry ?

You can also look into getting married in Hungary.

You should be aware that it'll be very difficult for her to get married without any proper identification.

You can also ask your lawyer on Monday for further advice.

While I think that not jumping into a marriage is perfectly sensible, I should point out that people get married quicker and for more nebulous reasons than this one.

Yes they can deport a sick person. If they could not then everyone who arrived would claim they were sick.

Depends. It's not that German police can throw out people from hospitals. If condition is severe then residence permit for the case of hardship is issued. Whether or not such a permit can be possible in this particular case, only a lawyer can definitely tell. Victims of home violence can get residence permits in case the crime has happened in Germany  (e.g. violence by German husband with spouse on marriage permit). But I don't think this can apply to home violence abroad. This is a case for asylum permit, which is regulated by Dublin, so...

Just out of curiosity, how do you know she is not married ?

Could the family she is escaping from be a jealous husband ?

Just out of curiosity, how do you know she is not married ?

Could the family she is escaping from be a jealous husband ?

Does not matter unless the husband files a claim. No way to know from Germany if she is married.

Yes, on the 13 July and it was rejected.  It seems she will be more or less immediately deported to Hungary and the OP believes from there back "home" where she will be killed.

Won`t she need a certificate no impediment from her country ?

The privilege of granted asylum is that you're except from getting any documents from the authorities of your country, starting from passport/birth certificate. 

Surprised by that. You could have 10 wives at home, get asylum, bingo you could save on a massive divorce bill.

Well this is all only true to some extent.  Whilst there is no need to prove you are not already married any existing marriages are still valid (to whatever extent they were anyway).  If someone marries again then there are a whole load of issues about whether the new marriage is legal and if/when the previous mariages come to light then there is likely to be some serious trouble.

For what its worth that is the case in some countries anyhow, as far as I know in the uk it is fairly simple to just marry a second time and the only thing stopping you is that if you get found out you go to jail.

Yes, on the 13 July and it was rejected.  It seems she will be more or less immediately deported to Hungary

Her application in Germany was refused because she was fingerprinted in Hungary and Hungary is responsible for processing her Asylum application due to the Dublin Agreements. 

Surprised by that. You could have 10 wives at home, get asylum, bingo you could save on a massive divorce bill.

There is no divorce bill in countries where "10 wives at home" is possible. And also a woman can't file for divorce in countries like Afghanistan. So, while she can be married the authorities in Germany can close eyes on that especially if home violence was an issue.