Afghan GF facing deportation - where can we find legal help?

259 posts in this topic

I cannot marry someone after i meet only couple of months ...WTF

Amnesty International told me they can make a meeting for Monday but i called my GF and she says she doesnt know if she comes since she has german courses

I wonder if Amnesty would help us or it would be as useless as Welcome Center Stuttgart where i was today and they told me :u need a lawyer...

You have had plenty of useful advice, but  you do not seem to be taking advice. Also, is your friend serious about staying-  not keen to  keep lawyer appointment.

You both need to be more proactive about this,  or she will be on the way to Hungary. ( Has to be better than Afghanistan!)

AS  friend/not married, she cannot claim refuge with you, or be on your insurance.

She has to get her priorities straight, German class is more important than trying to fight her deportation?  She's not going to need German in Hungary.  And do you think Hungary will give her asylum?  They might just pass her back to her home country.  She wont need German there either.

Ok ..

Do you think is a good idea that she moves from the refugee camp with me in apartment ?

I am worried the police will deport her from there soon...

Ok ... Do you think the police will take her by force soon from her house and deport her ? Maybe is better she leaves the Camp (shelter) so that they dont find her ?

Do you really have a plan in mind after asking her to run away from the camp? TT gives you advice within the framework of the Law. Nobody's going to encourage you to break the law.

People have given so much useful suggestions here. Have you contacted a lawyer already?

I am worried the police will deport her from there soon...

Good grief!  They're going to deport her from wherever they find her - she can't hide.  TT has given you good and useful advice.  Follow it.

On the Flüchlingsrat website there's a list of lawyers which deal with asylum law, see RechtsanwältInnen; there's one office in Überlingen and three in Konstanz/Singen).

The Flüchtlingsrat organisation also has a hotline:

I hope you're not just ringing random lawyers. Have you tried contacting those that RainyDays listed, or the hotline?

I think that your girlfriend is leaving all the "work" down to you, and just waiting and hoping that you can find a solution for her to stay here.

What is she doing herself to help the situation? Attending German classes instead of attending a meeting with Amnesty International is not really the best way to demonstrate a wish to stay here, is it?!!

If you haven't done so already, maybe now is the time to start asking yourself why you are the only one actively working towards having your girlfriend stay in the country!

I contacted lawyer Ursula Damson-Asadollah and she basically hanged the phone without wanting to make any appointment.Very rude lawyer , doesnt listen -_-''

I contacted lawyer Ursula Damson-Asadollah and she basically hanged the phone without wanting to make any appointment.Very rude lawyer , doesnt listen -_-''

There appear to be 8 other lawyers on the list, did you contact anyone else? 

TBH if your phone persona is anything like your persona here on TT, she probably got impatient with waiting for you to get to the point.  Also, to be fair, I assume you reached her secretary rather than the lawyer.  There are lots of other lawyers on the list, did you contact anyone else?

Prepare a short script with the main points, and emphasize the urgency of needing help to lodge an objection within one week, so when you get someone on the phone you can quickly give them the most important facts and don't lose yourself in unnecessary detail.

This is beginning to sound like a re-run of the sick baby thread:  someone who is in need of help and who is reluctant (for whatever reason) to act on the information he's being given.  I apologize for barking at OP.  I'm sure he's depressed and unhappy and doesn't want to face the likelihood that no matter what he does, his GF is headed back to Hungary.  His desire to help her is admirable.

I called 10,

Only one is available on Monday.

So i kept only him and i meet on 16:30 Monday. I think its already too late , but i have to try and get a legal advice what will happen next...

Sorry, but just what were you expecting? Monday is the next business day from today (or two business days from yesterday), which is pretty damn good considering the circumstances. In case you hadn't noticed, there are several hundred thousand other people in a similar situation as your girlfriend right now, and at least officially she seems to have no legal claim to be here.

And the previous posters are right. Under the circumstances, stuff the German course. Your girlfriend can miss a couple of course hours if it means preventing her imminent deportation.

Best of luck to both of you.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite him.  He seems like a good man trying to do all of this work, time and possibly money for someone he's not ready to marry.  I hope she realizes how amazing this is for her!

Amnesty International told me they can make a meeting for Monday but i called my GF and she says she doesnt know if she comes since she has german courses

I really do not want to sound harsh, but I cannot really formulate this any differently.

If your GF cannot work out the priority here then you are ice-skating uphill. 

This is not something she can delegate and she needs to actively help with this herself.

Do you think is a good idea that she moves from the refugee camp with me in apartment ?

From a male perspective I think its a great idea.

I can imagine intimacy can be a bit of a problem in the refugee camp.

Sorry but i think you miss the point. If she gets deported to Afghanistan to her family she will be killed ! How can i let this happen ?! (i think i will put even formal marriage as an option !!)

Now she is doing pshychological counceling because of her traumas in her past. Maybe this doctor supervised treatment will postphone the deportation as i am sure as hell no one will care in Hungary and be deported to Afghanistan ASAP

Sorry but i think you miss the point. If she gets deported to Afghanistan to her family she will be killed ! How can i let this happen ?!

Now she is doing pshychological counceling because of her traumas in her past. Maybe this doctor supervised treatment will postphone the deportation as i am sure as hell no one will care in Hungary and be deported to Afghanistan ASAP

Dude, how many times do you have to be told? You have an appointment with a lawyer next week, but the odds seem to be that she will not be allowed to stay.  So you marry her, or you let her go.  Or maybe you try to hide her illegally and risk getting in a whole world of trouble.  But you have to decide, do you believe she will be killed, and how much are you willing to sacrifice?

If I were you, I would let her go to Hungary and see what happens there. Sure, I would talk to lawyers, sure I would think about marriage, but I would prepare myself for the inevitable. If she really looks like getting sent "home" then you have to decide what to do -- its not easy, I know it isnt.  But you know the options.  Are you serisouly willing to go on the run with a girl you hardly know, or are you willing to marry her?  If not, then Im sorry but it is most likely case closed, she is going to hungary and from there on your guess is as good as mine.