Afghan GF facing deportation - where can we find legal help?

259 posts in this topic

I am curious regarding the reasons the Afghan government have for doing this;

"The Afghan government has publicly opposed attempts to deport asylum-seekers back to the country, and has even blocked some from entering and sent them back to Europe"...

I am curious regarding the reasons the Afghan government have for doing this;

"The Afghan government has publicly opposed attempts to deport asylum-seekers back to the country, and has even blocked some from entering and sent them back to Europe"...

There's an article in Deutsche Welle today that contains an interview with the Afghan Minister for Refugees (or whatever his actual title is in English). The Afghan government is not only strongly discouraging the German government from returning rejected asylum seekers to Afghanistan, but it is actually asking Germany to take more of them!

EDIT: Just a guess, but I'd say it's R-E-M-I-T-T-A-N-C-E-S.;)

One other thing, legal residency, and, especially dual German-Afghan citizenship, is very highly valued in the marriage market back in Afghanistan.

Well

She lives in another city .

I was once to get her from  there and i had to pay for both 200 euro...I cant afford to go there every week.

Nothing new, we see maybe once every 2 weeks.

This is too dysfunctional- find a polite way to get out of this "relationshp". Cite the physical distance, language problems, heck, you've got a plethora of truthful options...

On 11/6/2015, 9:29:29, yourkeau said:

So, she is in Hungary. Well, I wish you luck, TraceKira.

Wait, what did I miss? When did that happen?

From this posting:

On 06/11/2015 19:51:56, TraceKira said:

Well

She lives in another city .

I was once to get her from  there and i had to pay for both 200 euro...I cant afford to go there every week.

Nothing new, we see maybe once every 2 weeks.

Since you don't need to pay 200 euro to get from Baden to Würtemberg-Hohenzollern that means that she must be in Hungary. This was however neither confirmed nor denied.

From the beginning, she was in some asylum home/camp in Germany.

I don't recall reading that she went to Hungary, either.

In any event, I believe this little drama is over.

I stay on TT in the hope that these mini-dramas will continue to crop up.

Absolutely. It is nice to know how they turn out, though, so I hope he comes back and says where and how she is getting on.

I hope he finds himself a less complicated girlfriend, he has been most supportive.

You're right, Kiplette, a resolution is always nice.  And then there's the titillating thread that may or may not be a send-up, with its infuriating implausibilities and heartrending tragedies; this may end with us cheering our cynical-from-the start reactions, or mourning our lost innocence when it all turns out to be too true.

I am in awe of her, too.  She's one of several TTers who should be writers. :)

(We've had our differences, but Dessa should write. And John G. - I need his autobiography. :D  )

Well to give some update.

We live separated. She stays in camp , and we see maybe once per month but this distance relationship wont work. I try to help if possible , but ofcourse i have to think about my own expenses also and what i want to do with my future. As long as we are separated i dont see any prospect of real relationship :(

She asked me help her with a cheap laptop. I will consider something around 200 euro , tablet like but i know my limitations and i wont spend again 200 euro on a round way trip to Basel.

Her need for support may exceed your ability to provide it.  Don't take out any loans.  Don't tell her how much money you have left.  Set a monthly limit and then stop providing cash/food/clothing/whatever until the following month.