Afghan GF facing deportation - where can we find legal help?

259 posts in this topic

Hello

I work in germany since 3 years ( I am from Romania) and i meet my girlfriend a few months ago.

She is from Afghanistan where she ran away because of family abuse.

Now she faces deportation and we need legal assistance in Stuttgart area ... Can you please help us what to do ?

Best regards

Why? You are a EU citizen, so residence permit for EU family member is an option.

Why? You are a EU citizen, so residence permit for EU family member is an option.

We are together since 5 months ... Is too early for marriage...

That's a very sensible response.  Good for you.  I hope sosarx's link proves helpful.

We have learned on this forum recently through the great refugee thread of now 84 pages that you can seek asylum in some churches as some of them allow this and the government will not go into a church to arrest people and deport them.

I don`t think now is a good time to pick and chose what direction your relationship is going.

What if she changes religion and argues that she cannot be deported or else she will be killed?

This can be a good idea since she said that she wants to abandon her religion...But they took her fingerprint in hungary ... and now they want to deport her back to it...

I called today at

Landeshauptstadt Stuttgart
Amt für öffentliche Ordnung, Ausländer- und Staatsangehörigkeitsrecht
70161 Stuttgart

And the lady spoke only german... What can  i do since i dont speak good german ? If i go tomorrow there they wont be able to understand me...

I also have some papers from autorities , maybe i can hire a translator for them ? Or shall i search for a lawyer?

The situation looks grim

This can be a good idea since she said that she wants to abandon her religion...But they took her fingerprint in hungary ... and now they want to deport her back to it...

She can also convert in Hungary.

If you haven't noticed, Germany is already overwhelmed with refugee applicants. Although Germany is not currently applying the Dublin Agreement to Syrian citizens, there is no such exemption for Afghani citizens. Unless you get married, there is good chance that she'll have to leave Germany soon. 

You shouldn't contact or go to authorities first. What you need to do is get in contact with one of the help organisations mentioned in my link. Like Amnesty International. There you will find English speaking staff, there you will get advice how to proceed, they might be able to tell you how imminent your gf's deportation might be, and they can, if necessary ,help you to find a specialized lawyer.

Edit: click on "Das Netzwerk-Kontakadressen" and then on "Stuttgart " in that link

You shouldn't contact or go to authorities first. What you need to do is get in contact with one of the help organisations mentioned in my link. Like Amnesty International. There you will find English speaking staff, there you will get advice how to proceed, they might be able to tell you how imminent your gf's deportation might be, and they can, if necessary ,help you to find a specialized lawyer.

That is a good point. I will try and call them