Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unfurnished Apartments in Nuremberg & Best Location

9 posts in this topic

I have just moved to Nuremberg and am looking for an unfurnished apartment in Nuremberg. What are the best areas to live ? I like being close to the city centre ( ive only been here one day so far and am I right to think of Altstadt as the main city centre ?). The last conversation on this topic was in 2008 and I feel things could have changed since then so any insight and input would be greatly appreciated. 

My first thread already dealt with this by stating that the last conversation on this was in 2008 which is 7 years ago. Hence, the new thread. I am also looking for an unfurnished apartment which I think is not the norm and wanted peoples insight on that. Hope that helps to clarify your question regarding a second thread. 

Unfurnished flats are the norm. 

The U bahn is good so you can reach Altstadt fairly easy.

Centre of Nürnberg your looking above 700 euros (warm).

I live in Fürth which Is a lot cheaper than Nurnberg and you can get into the centre in 15mins.

I am only in Nuremberg for 8 months, do you think that will pose a problem when signing a lease ? We do have my husband's company ( Siemens) helping us with the search but I still want to direct the relocation agent in which areas to look etc. 

I would not mention that you only stay 8 months.

If the lease has no minimum term you just have your 3 months notice period, but if you mention you only stay 8 months it is unlikely you will get the flat.

If you want to stay near the centre, I would recommend Rathenauplatz, I stayed there at first and thought it was great. I would sort of avoid Plaarer, near Altstadt

but not so great. Shoppershof is also an ok place to live.

Nürnberg has great public transport (although it stops soon after midnight) so you can usually get into the centre in 10-15 mins from most parts of Nürnberg.

I actually would recommend Fürth, rents are cheaper and you are directly on a U bahn line. 

Hey you guys, didn't want to start a new thread. 

I am moving to Nürnberg in 6 weeks due to a job change and need an apartment. 

Im a bit worried as I live in Berlin now and I'm scared that this city is dead quiet and full of old ppl?? I know it's silly but I'm a big city guy. 

May question is: where am I most likely to feel like I'm in a charming attractive city living close to cafes, nice buildings, some action..

I mean, I am not 25 anymore (42!) but I like an urban lifestyle. Gym, going jogging  in the evening, seeing other joggers...

i have been told St Johannes is the place to be... But I have found a nice apt just north of the Stadtpark. 

I'm single no kids so I'd rather live were other yuppies live... Job is right in the altstadt

any suggestions were I won't feel like I'm living in a small town?

i know this has been asked a few times but just wanted to ask again...

thx so much guys. 

Feel free to pm if you feel like it. 

I don't know anyone in this city:-/