Refund on flights?

24 posts in this topic

In case anyone has contacted their airline about a refund and not heard back or had a negative response, your next step should be:

https://soep-online.de/en/ for cases in Germany. There are many law firms out there on the internet who will take up your case, but will take >30% of what you get!

This is not advice :-)

Or you can contact your bank to initiate the chargeback procedure. It will take some time but might help at the end of the day.

My story short:

In February bought flights Munich-Russia-Munich on Aeroflot website.

In March Russia closed the borders and Aeroflot posted news that people can receive money back or get certificates / vouchers.

Then there was a long waiting time. I gave up and wrote to my bank.

Filled out the form, got the preliminary refund. After a while Aeroflot disputed it, I got charged again and wrote a claim on their claim :)

At the end of September got the message form the bank that I got final approval and money would be back soon. In a couple of days got it. 

These f#ckers got huge amount of money from the Russian government and they are still trying to rob passengers. Never will use Aerofraud anymore.

1 hour ago, GoldenJoe said:

Or you can contact your bank to initiate the chargeback procedure. It will take some time but might help at the end of the day.

With your credit card provider. This should be done as soon as possible after the transaction.

Just applied for my refund on a flight I booked to the U.S. in May. AA had proper forms online to fill in. Now it's wait and see.

Wish me luck!