Unemployment benefits

58 posts in this topic

Back after 2 months .

The employer still didn't send the Arbeitsbescheinigung in these 2 months .

The people from the AA haven't been very helpful either .

At the last visit they gave my friend a paper called Ersatz der Arbeitsbescheinigung that he has to fill as a replacement .

Field 7 is particularly interesting .

It says : 

Ich erhebe noch Ansprüche (Urlaub sabgeltung, Arbeitsentgelt ) gegen meine ehemaligen Arbeitgeber für Zeiten nach meinem Ausscheiden .

What is the meaning of this ?

At the moment when he was fired, my friend had 24 days out of 30 holidays not taken for 2018 .

From what I read these should be paid by the employer .

Can these be written here ?

24 minutes ago, bbogdanmircea said:

Back after 2 months .

The employer still didn't send the Arbeitsbescheinigung in these 2 months .

The people from the AA haven't been very helpful either .

Yes, obviously they were:

At the last visit they gave my friend a paper called Ersatz der Arbeitsbescheinigung that he has to fill as a replacement .

Field 7 is particularly interesting .

It says : 

Ich erhebe noch Ansprüche (Urlaub sabgeltung, Arbeitsentgelt ) gegen meine ehemaligen Arbeitgeber für Zeiten nach meinem Ausscheiden .

What is the meaning of this ?

Could you tell your friend that there are translation tools online? The meaning of this is:

"I still raise claims (vacation compensation, wages) against my former employers for times after my departure."

At the moment when he was fired, my friend had 24 days out of 30 holidays not taken for 2018 .

From what I read these should be paid by the employer .

Can these be written here ?

Yeah, obviously. That is exactly what is asked. 

32 minutes ago, bbogdanmircea said:

Ich erhebe noch Ansprüche (Urlaubsabgeltung, Arbeitsentgelt ) gegen meine ehemaligen Arbeitgeber für Zeiten nach meinem Ausscheiden

Means...

I have claims (holiday pay, wages) against my former employer still, beyond the date of my departure.

So, yes, he should tick that box and write the details of exactly that outstanding holiday pay and, if there are any, wages not yet paid.

The AA could go after the employer their using legal powers to a certain degree, but your friend will have to co-operate in full - first - or they wouldn't be able to make a case against the employer.

Worse - if the AA consider that he isn't taking a pro-active stance in pursuing those claims against his ex-company he might find them applying sanctions (either by delay of authorization or reduction by basing the % on the lower annual income) to his unemployment benefit.

2B

Actually what I wanted to ask is if it is referring to active claims like if my friend is in a court process for those days or for future claims like you said .

The fields after the question are Arbeitgeber, Grund, Gericht, Aktenzeichen .

How should these fields be filled if there is no court action but my friend would like the AA to help him claim these 24 holidays ?

5 minutes ago, bbogdanmircea said:

Actually what I wanted to ask

FFS :angry:

HOW could, or why should, anyone here ever begin to try to help you?

You always pull the same stupid stroke of giving out essential info one crumb at a time only to then keep on and on and on ad nauseum asking us to provide you with the entire contents of the bakery nicely sliced and buttered and spread with extra jam!

10 minutes ago, bbogdanmircea said:

The fields after the question are

1 ) Arbeitgeber,

2 ) Grund,

3 )Gericht,

4 ) Aktenzeichen .

How should these fields be filled if there is no court action

1 ) Ex-employer company name and address

2 ) Reason for claim

3 ) Court at which he has made his claim (Arbeitsgericht or Amtsgericht)

4 ) Case file number issued by the court.

He has to tell the truth when filling out official forms.

15 minutes ago, bbogdanmircea said:

my friend would like the AA to help him claim these 24 holidays ?

Sure he would (as would you) like somebody else to take care of his responsibilities but that's not gonna happen.

"Heaven (and the Agentur für Arbeit) helps those who help themselves."

2B

And if there is no court action then what do you advise ? To fill in or not ? Will the AA do anything ?

Hello, even if I get a very rough treatment every time I ask a question , I still will ask for your advice one more time .

It seems that my friend is getting squeezed between the Arbeitsagentur and the company for the ALG Calculation .

Even if he sent the Arbeitsbescheinigung the second day after being fired to the company, they didn't send anything back .

So he went to the Arbeitsagentur and he completed that substitution paper .

But now he received again the request to send the Arbeitsbescheinigung to the Arbeitsagentur .

Any idea what to do to get the employer to fill it in ?

Hello, can somebody help with my latest topic about health insurance during the months when not receiving unemployment ?

Should the AA cover for it ?

Thanks !

47 minutes ago, bbogdanmircea said:

Hello, can somebody help with my latest topic about health insurance during the months when not receiving unemployment ?

Should the AA cover for it ?

Thanks !

You have had this question answered already on the other thread you posted it on.

and, since several TTers have already requested you (on multiple threads) to be more patient and not post the same question on multiple threads please STOP doing it!

2B

Hello All,

I want to ask something concerning short term unemployment.

I will be leaving my job at the end of the month, January 2019. I will be unemployed for 18 days, and will start a new job still in Berlin, on the 18th of February.

Is it really that necessary to register at the Arbeitsagentur? (Knowing that I will be unemployed only the first 18 days of a particular month) I have state health insurance (Techkniker Krankenkasse), will I still be insured doing these 18 days? What do I risk if I don’t do it correctly? Big fine or Prison or something? (I’m being silly)

I went to the arbeitsagentur and they ask for papers that I don't have/ or that I cannot get my hands on that quickly. That is why I want to know it it's really worth it.
I have bureaucracy-phobia:wacko::huh:

No one is forced to register as unemployed or to apply for benefits from the employment office.

However, you will probably have to pay for health insurance out of your own pocket for the 18 days (unless you can switch to a spouse's family insurance during this period).

Yea that's right. Your only real issue is making sure that you still have your TK cover. You should speak to them about that. I recall that it is possible that TK will cover up to one month of unemployment themselves. After that, it's up to you / the Arbeitsagentur to pay. Best to check with TK directly though.

The last comment is very interesting.

So one could potentially leave a gap of 1 month between jobs in order to go traveling for example and not be required to pay some exorbitant amount to maintain their health insurance?

I don't know/cannot remember the details but I was unemployed for 6 months about 6 years ago and I remember this being said at some point. That 1 month or so was covered by TK. But as they say, Alle Angaben sind ohne Gewähr.

5 minutes ago, theGman said:

I don't know/cannot remember the details but I was unemployed for 6 months about 6 years ago and I remember this being said at some point. That 1 month or so was covered by TK. But as they say, Alle Angaben sind ohne Gewähr.

There is no longer a free additional insurance period of one month – who falls out of the status of the compulsory insurance (via the employer) and slips into the status of the voluntarily insured (because he does not receive any benefits from the employment office or sick pay etc.), must pay his contribution himself.

All the details are there (in German). 

On 17.1.2019, 11:38:28, branddds said:

I will be leaving my job at the end of the month, January 2019. I will be unemployed for 18 days, and will start a new job still in Berlin, on the 18th of February.

Thx for your imputs. I called Techniker Krankenkasse, and I am still covered during the 3 weeks I'm unemployed and since I will be employed again at the end of february, the new company will do everything for me. (Maybe, I'll pay a little more but everything will be detucted from my new salary and I don't need to overthink and worry about anything, life is Good!) And even if I pay more, in 2020, when doing the Tax declarations for 2019, I might get back some of it.

I'm not going again to the stupid unemployment agency.
So there we are!

30 minutes ago, branddds said:

Thx for your imputs. I called Techniker Krankenkasse, and I am still covered during the 3 weeks I'm unemployed and since I will be employed again at the end of february, the new company will do everything for me. (Maybe, I'll pay a little more but everything will be detucted from my new salary and I don't need to overthink and worry about anything, life is Good!) And even if I pay more, in 2020, when doing the Tax declarations for 2019, I might get back some of it.

I'm not going again to the stupid unemployment agency.
So there we are!

Sounds to me that you might end up losing quite some amount of money but I guess this is the price for not having to talk to someone at the Job Center.

Can someone kindly help me with this:

A friend of mine has been working with an Engineering firm in Siegen since last 6 years. The firm is going through financial difficulties since a year, and he thinks a termination by end of the year is almost a certainty. Like a normal full time worker with Social Security contribution for 24+ months, he would receive ALG1. However he has found a job with a Tech startup in Belgium. In case he fails to complete the probation period, he plans to return to Germany. Will it be any problem to receive ALG1, in case of 6 months gap after termination of German contract?