US Netflix

94 posts in this topic

I did set my Samsung to UK, to get the UK apps, which now I never use any more...

I do not see any reason why, you need to set your TV to UK mode, to make the NOW TV box work.

When I installed my NOW TV box, the NOW TV box outputs an HDMI signal, no special TV setup required . 

I was only  required to enter the SmartDNS addresses in the ( 2nd) Router, for a location near me.

Are you sure you read the instructions correctly ??

Hi - just adding some input from my personal experience...

The current prices from Bavaria satellites. They are a bit on the pricey side, but they do work and support is excellent.

US Netflix - TP Link router - £17 per month - It gives a US IP address, no access to BBC iPlayer or any UK content.   ( Router is 110€ incl postage and English support )

UK Netflix - TP Link - £15 per month - Normal UK VPN router, giving you access to BBC iPlayer, ITV etc.

Premium Option - £15 per month – Premium UK VPN router, with better WiFi range and bypasses all firewalls/VPN blocks. Router is 125€ incl postage and English support)

The guy who runs it is very reliable and super helpful - Geoff - I've been with them now for a couple of years and any problems have always been dealt with very quickly and efficiently - http://www.bavaria-satellite.de/

Hope that helps

Jane

Found this on the internet

Change Samsung Smart TV Hub region F-Series

If you own an F Series Samsung Smart TV, the steps needed to change your Smart Hub region differ a little.

Choose TV as source.

Select Menu on the remote control.

Select System.

Choose Setup.

Continue the set up.

When you get to the Smart Hub Terms & Conditions page, press the following buttons on your remote control: Mute, Return, Volume Up, Channel Up, Return.

Choose your new Samsung Smart TV region. (US, UK, France, etc.)

Continue the setup as usual.

Are u sure that you did get to the page were the "Smart Hub Terms & Conditions page", before you press the buttons on the remote control

Exactly what you have written is what I am trying to do.  I get to the German page of Smart Hub Terms & Conditions.

There are two pages.  I hit the mute key when the first page shows up and then hit the return key and that sends

me to the top of the screen and it says "weak or no signal".  I have thought of going back to factory reset. I just

don't know what to do.

I recently signed up for Netflix again, used a different email. Did it witht he VPN turned off and with a German CC. Now what is really weird is O wS getting billed in US dollars, not Euros. Called and it turns out I got a US account Like WTF!

it works but you get the odd, you can't play or download this program 

There does seem to be several ways to do it, depending on your model number of TV and its age, how old is the TV and what is the eact model number ?

this is alternative way to reset the country code

https://www.cactusvpn.com/tutorials/how-to-change-region-on-samsung-smart-tv-f-series/

Did you every seee the " Smart Hub Terms & Conditions, " ?, I ask because I remember, that a year or so ago, I got messages saying my smart hud would be de-activate - I just checked and it has been !,  So older TV may not have is anymore

this guide shows u differernt buttons to press, depending on the year of make of your TV

U.S. Netflix now allows streaming from your  U.S. account internationally without a VPN. I've been using my son't account quite freely with no hiccups. I watched all of The Crown and am currently watching Ozark.

They got many complaints from customers who couldn't access their accounts when traveling for business or pleasure.

If you know anybody with a U.S. account, just ask them if you can use it. Maybe give them a little money or something.

On 09/06/2018, 18:06:42, fraufruit said:

U.S. Netflix now allows streaming from your  U.S. account internationally without a VPN. I've been using my son't account quite freely with no hiccups. I watched all of The Crown and am currently watching Ozark.

They got many complaints from customers who couldn't access their accounts when traveling for business or pleasure.

If you know anybody with a U.S. account, just ask them if you can use it. Maybe give them a little money or something.

I noticed that as well. It looks like they are just your account to local straining rights, for example the new Star Trek series isn’t available in the states but it is available everywhere else in the world. Along those lines I've noticed that you get completely different shows with the VPN turned off. I now have turned off the VPN on our Apple TV.

one issue I have noticed is I sometimes get error messages when I try to play something on the app and screen mirror to the TV. I get an error message saying watching on the app, what is okay if you’re in a hotel room but when you’re at home you wanna watch it on your big screen TV.

I've tried using a private VPN to access the american version of Netflix - I used a 1 week trial for like 6 or 7 Euros. It let me "log in" to the american Netflix page but I wasnt able to click on any movies or shows. It just showed a message that said 'not available'

3 hours ago, avirex said:

I've tried using a private VPN to access the american version of Netflix - I used a 1 week trial for like 6 or 7 Euros. It let me "log in" to the american Netflix page but I wasnt able to click on any movies or shows. It just showed a message that said 'not available'

Try connecting through your VPN and from a browser look up, what your location is.

Also test which speed the VPN has.

Are you using a credit card to pay for netflix, where is that registered?, better if its regisiterd in the US