US Netflix

94 posts in this topic

Netflix to allow downloads YES!!!!

For anyone whose been stuck in a small hotel room with just CNN for company this is wonderful news, now with Amazon Prime, BBC iplayer you never need to turn on the TV. Hopefully Hulu will follow suit soon. 

Only complaint is not all hotels allow you to use the HDMI port. I bought one of those ridiculously over priced Lighting to HDMI converters so I could watch it on the big screen.  I travel regularly same hotel and The remote doesn't have a imput settings, but that's a minor issue.

I have SmartDNS from Overplay. Anyone know how to get Netflix US or UK to run with it? They always seem to detect the SartDNS.

5 hours ago, Doctor Who said:

I have SmartDNS from Overplay. Anyone know how to get Netflix US or UK to run with it? They always seem to detect the SartDNS.

Did you set up the static routes?

Full disclosure: I wasn't aware that Overplay had been working with Netflix (to get US service from Germany) past sometime this past May. I use a different provider now.

@Smaug It has been working for me all summer. They have breaks, but always get back up and running. Hard-working folks there.

Thanks. I just looked up Getflix and they seem to be cheaper than Overplay and include a VPN for almost the same price as Overplay's SmartDNS only service. Question: Are they as reliable and fast as Overplay? I never had any problem with them.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Who said:

Thanks. I just looked up Getflix and they seem to be cheaper than Overplay and include a VPN for almost the same price as Overplay's SmartDNS only service. Question: Are they as reliable and fast as Overplay? I never had any problem with them.

A few things I liked better about Getflix:

Communication-when there's a problem, you get an ETA for resolution and they're nice about it. 

Speed-no speed problems streaming. I don't know about download.

Travel-With just a few mouseclicks I can use their service on any network when I travel. Laptop functions (in MS Edge browser) with no static routes.

I just opened an account at Getflix and cancelled Overplay. Geflix works perfectly. Thank you for the recommedation!

Is there any reason why people want US Netflix? They have a lot programming  but most of it is junk anyways,  i subscribe to Netflix for the original programming and  that is available everywhere. For US Shows I use Hulu and for movies I Stream It All. 

Edit: part of the reason was Unotelly stopped working for Netflix so  I figured might as well just subscribe to Germany 

18 hours ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

Is there any reason why people want US Netflix? They have a lot programming  but most of it is junk anyways,  i subscribe to Netflix for the original programming and  that is available everywhere. For US Shows I use Hulu and for movies I Stream It All. 

Edit: part of the reason was Unotelly stopped working for Netflix so  I figured might as well just subscribe to Germany 

It depends what you like to watch. I'm currently enjoying Agents of Shield Season 3 on US Netflix. It's not on German Netflix nor is it on Hulu. On Amazon you have to pay for it.

i also love the Young Justice cartoon, which you can only watch in the US.

20 hours ago, Doctor Who said:

It depends what you like to watch. I'm currently enjoying Agents of Shield Season 3 on US Netflix. It's not on German Netflix nor is it on Hulu. On Amazon you have to pay for it.

i also love the Young Justice cartoon, which you can only watch in the US.

Yeah that's what I figured. Noticed Furturama was available in the US but no where else. 

I am wondering if there's anything right now that successfully gets around Netflix geographic restrictions.

Anyone found a VPN, Smart DNS that is working right now?

I use ExpressVPN. Not only is it a good VPN but it guarantees that it gets around US and UK Netflix restrictions. It also allows me to see Canadian Netflix which I think has a better selection than the US. I also use it to watch BBC iplayer and other UK TV sites.

24 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I use ExpressVPN. Not only is it a good VPN but it guarantees that it gets around US and UK Netflix restrictions. It also allows me to see Canadian Netflix which I think has a better selection than the US. I also use it to watch BBC iplayer and other UK TV sites.

Are you also able to use it with Amazon Prime? It works for me with Netflix but not with Amazon.

1 minute ago, Santitas said:

Are you also able to use it with Amazon Prime?

I use ExpressVPN for U.S. Amazon Prime as well as Netflix and Xfinity.

I can't use it with Amazon Prime because (I believe) my membership with Amazon is with Amazon DE and I don't think the Prime memberships were ever transferable between countries whereas Netflix, in the past,  was transferable.