Things to ponder

1,907 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, hooperski said:

Did Eric Clapton really think she looked wonderful or was it just the fact she'd been trying on outfits for over an hour and he wanted to get down the pub.

I sincerely believe Eric was being truthful but a bit of a weak bloke...

I just like the company of beautiful women. I have a weakness in that department.
Eric Clapton

Ever taught an English class to 6  Moroccans in London ?   On the first day, they asked me my religion. I replied: " None". They walked out and asked the Director of the School to fire me. She did something else: she kicked them out.

8 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Ever had a Muslim knock on your door and try to convert you to Islam?

No, all they wanted was having sex with me (I am serious).

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

Ever taught an English class to 6  Moroccans in London and on the first day, they asked me my religion. I replied: " None". They walked out and asked the Director of the School to fire me. She did something else: she kicked them out.

Reminds me of this case in Spain (in Spanish). Big brouhaha in a school because a Moroccan pupil demanded the teacher "not talk about ham" in his presence causing a conflict between the school and the pupil's family.

24 minutes ago, Smaug said:

Reminds me of this case in Spain (in Spanish). Big brouhaha in a school because a Moroccan pupil demanded the teacher "not talk about ham" in his presence causing a conflict between the school and the pupil's family.

Just read it, Smaug! Maybe related to those 6 guys I mentioned a few minutes ago?. Everybody is SO offended by everything these days, it seems! How have they all got through life?

So, to balance things up, here´s ( Australian folk singer ) Kevin Bloody Wilson´s views on all the sects:

https://themuttsnuts.wordpress.com/tag/jehovahs-witnesses/

I heard him sing in our local bar, the Consortium, in Harburg (Hamburg) about 20 years ago and he sang a great song about getting woken up by Jehovas´s witnesses on a Sunday morning! Couldn´t find it on Google yet!

In America, we focus on who profits from a problem, not who suffers from it...

Now, I know it´s a classic that a man can´t find a pair of socks after washing them and you have single socks in the drawer. That is at least true in my case (peace be on you) but where the f..k did I leave my washing machine this afternoon?

I live in a close-knit village but haven´t seen anyone do any knitting this week.

1 hour ago, Techsmex said:

Food for thought..

abort.jpg

This is truly great, and I agree all the way.

A little off topic:

I am showing my age now, but when I was a young student in Germany, the abortion laws and the treatment of women needing one - even after it was permitted -  were horrific.

Women were getting on buses to the Netherlands for a quick, safe, and pain free abortion, without running the gauntlet of moralistic bureaucrats and Church representatives stringing them out for months, pounding on their psyches, German doctors using the worst procedures...

... I had firmly decided I wouldn't even try the German system, but would immediately board a bus, even with the risk of getting arrested on return.

Thankfully, the need didn't arise.

The information I found in the advisory books in the local left wing underground bookshop prevented that.

(AKA how to do contraception right.)