Things to ponder

1,838 posts in this topic

The natives are inadvertently revealing their secrets, i.e. if you have a good income you can pay more... and what are you doing here anyway ? Ah, you inherited your uncle's house... that maybe changes something... a bit. If you can be of any use to us.

I thought I was imagining it but no. In the Alsace, even the natives have to elbow their way in when they have moved... from the next village. And yes, my erstwhile oppo really did say it. I read it in the newspaper... village pure-bloods, asserting his ancestral right to be there. So that's why they all look like each other. In the interests of diplomacy I will not raise the issue of inbreeding. :lol:

Had some Chinese sushi yesterday. Did not know in advance that it was Chinese. I think the Japanese would be offended. I was offended. Do not understand the Google reviews about this restaurant in a reputedly gastronomic part of a gastronomic country.

The first time I saw Korean sushi was in Vancouver in the early 2000s.  The size was all wrong and they were offering some weird stuff, like cooked and breaded fried things for the inside.  Never tried it.  Though I adore Korean food in general. 

Now in Berlin, you can get "sushi" with whatever you want in it, including cooked chicken, mozzarella, arugula, and various other things I'm sure were never intended by the Japanese.  No idea who "invented" sushi, though.

Yes Sushi originated in China (B.C.) but with its original form Narezushi (raw fish preserved in salt)  and Japanese took this form around the 8th Century (in some areas they still practice it). Nigiri (but slightly different as we know it now (much larger) appeared in Japan in the beginning of  19th Century.

I was also recently reading an article on BBC about the first "European Sushi", an ancient greek way of curing or smoking Moray Eel, stuff and roll it,,

and this dish is still served at the island of Skopelos.

(Edit: Found the link : https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20210704-the-greek-island-with-an-ancient-sushi-tradition )

1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

The first time I saw Korean sushi was in Vancouver in the early 2000s.  The size was all wrong and they were offering some weird stuff, like cooked and breaded fried things for the inside.  Never tried it.  Though I adore Korean food in general. 

Now in Berlin, you can get "sushi" with whatever you want in it, including cooked chicken, mozzarella, arugula, and various other things I'm sure were never intended by the Japanese.  No idea who "invented" sushi, though.

It’s like putting pineapple on pizza 🍕.

3 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

You just had to go too far didn't you... You just had to go too far... :lol:

12 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

8 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

You just had to go too far didn't you... You just had to go too far... :lol:

I didn't know I liked pineapple on pizza until I tried it at a Pizza Hut in Augsburg in 1997.  The sweet combined with the savory quite well.

I didn't know I liked escargot until I tried it in a small bar outside the main gate of Andrews Kaserne in Berlinin 1979.  My NCOIC was eating something served in a ceramic tray and the garlic smell was wonderful.  He let me try one and I ordered my own.  I didn't realize what I was eating until the third order arrived.

I didn't know I like sushi or sashimi until I tried it in a restaurant in Okinawa in 1976.  I ate one piece on a dare, and it was great.  My German wife tried sushi for the first time yesterday and liked it.

I've eaten lots of stuff I normally wouldn't eat and was delightfully surprised.  I've also eaten stuff that tastes disgusting but will keep me alive in the jungle.

4 hours ago, Alexnf said:

Yes Sushi originated in China (B.C.) but with its original form Narezushi (raw fish preserved in salt)  and Japanese took this form around the 8th Century (in some areas they still practice it). Nigiri (but slightly different as we know it now (much larger) appeared in Japan in the beginning of  19th Century.

I was also recently reading an article on BBC about the first "European Sushi", an ancient greek way of curing or smoking Moray Eel, stuff and roll it,,

and this dish is still served at the island of Skopelos.

(Edit: Found the link : https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20210704-the-greek-island-with-an-ancient-sushi-tradition )

Interesting, Alex👍

(But glad I hardly like hardly any fish- let alone eel.. since I asked my Uncle George when I was a child why he had a red nose. " I was fishing and an eel jumped out of the water and bit me on the nose.")

PS: I found out donkey's years later he liked to drink too much!😩😂..

PPS: I don't eat donkey meat, either!!

If you get temporary bans all the time...

If people respond negatively to you or don't respond at all...

If you don't ever share a laugh or a joke with any other member...

If people ignore your irrelevant or incessant stories...

maybe you're the problem.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Is this the multiple thread mobbing which you and Jeffo have planned?

Jeffo i assume is a grown man by now, or?

Don`t reply I will not be posting for a while.

Not worth it and I understand why balti left.

Good that you finally understand Volksverhetzung. You were on the border for a while with all your anti-refugee crap. It's something you should avoid.

It's not always about you, BTW. You've been listening to too much Carly Simon.

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

All of the above seems like common social media behaviour these days. People with issues often reflect their own unhappiness.  Responding with kindness, tolerance and understanding is far better than criticism.

43 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Good that you finally understand Volksverhetzung. You were on the border for a while with all your anti-refugee crap. It's something you should avoid.

Your nothing but a bully and a troll protected by dessa.

Lose the protection and have a proper debate.

Didn't think so.

2 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

I understand why balti left.

Gone for good?

Then my mom was right all those years ago: Just ignore them and they‘ll go away.

4 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

I remember the song " you're so vain " but won't mention any further... memories..and not welcome in your world, Jeffo. Memories should be eradicated... böser alter Mann ( moi ).

And one more thing to ponder.. I green your and Alex's posts quite often when they make  me laugh. Maturity is on its way. Nobody is perfect. How about that? I am no way perfect. How about that? Bullying is not cool, einverstanden?  ( PMs between you two?).. why not? Apparently modern!😂

Things to ponder..😂

And one more thing! You do, hopefully, realise ( and your lover alex😂 ) that we😅😅would probably laugh our heads off if we ever met in real life?😂

" Bist Du der Scheiss john. g von Toytown?"

" Ja, Du Arsch."

This has happened in real life but.. oh dear.. verboten, oder? Long live Stasi and their right- wing equivalents! The home of lost souls and those who love bullying. 

Disengage from your bullying and Besserwissen! 😒

Wow! Edit! Deep thinking! My God, I'm good tonight!😂

So good I should be shot or at least imprisoned for being a free thinker!

Neg away. 

Seriously- this is an increasingly polarised forum. Shame.

5 hours ago, emkay said:

All of the above seems like common social media behaviour these days. People with issues often reflect their own unhappiness.  Responding with kindness, tolerance and understanding is far better than criticism.

Sorry, I've been gay waaaay too long to think that works. It's nice for you if you have that level of privilege. Also, I don't forget that I was threatened with physical violence by RF on this board and never received an apology. So, between one guy mocking my marriage and the other threatening violence, I am just gonna have to nope on out of that nonsense you're peddling.