Things to ponder

1,838 posts in this topic

It didn't affect me, nor did the English teacher advert. I just passed them by. That's how it should be. Neither is an obvious scam.

I did not reply to the lawyer's post , Dessa. Actually, it is sometimes el Jeffo who makes those spam comments. Yes! And, actually , quite rightly so. Some are obvious. I am not saying THIS one is such a post. And I have run into shitty white German lawyers in my professional life. 

Of course they have lawyers in Tanzania. Why would you think otherwise or presume I don't know that. It does not affect me. Not yet! But you never know!

If you read my previous post carefully, you will note I get spam every day from all over the world. Many of us do. 

Racism- imagine I were a white lawyer and wanted to talk to white lawyers. No thanks. 

I don't do colour. I do each as to their own character. I don't do apartheid. I talk to people all over the world every day face to face on Skype and love it. 

I don't know why that German family offered 50 euros an hour for the English teaching. Maybe just Geld spielt keine Rolle. But I might be wrong. I once, cheekingly , asked for even more money than that and nobody batted an eyelid. That really paid the rent for a couple of years.

I don't appreciate being shouted at by you. Sorry. I am the wrong target. 

If you REALLY knew me! Mind you, a German friend once joked " You meet John once and apologise the next time."😂

Or was it the other way around? Probably.

Dessa - something has riled you. I am sorry it is me and not the hardly anyone else who replied to those posts.

And I wish you well. Karma.

24 minutes ago, john g. said:

Actually, it is sometimes el Jeffo who makes those spam comments.

You're just upset because I didn't offer to let you share in my 400 MILLION USDOLLAR inheritance if you help me spirit it out of the country.

You're in trouble with Dessa now, el Jeffo!

Fly on the wall!

Anyway, loser, my guy offered me MORE!

It's not what you know .. etc😂

54 minutes ago, john g. said:

I don't do colour.

Well, the whole world does color.  Just not often in your direction.  It's one of the great advantages of not being seen to HAVE a color.  Can there be any more privileged statement in the world?  Guess what, many people don't have the luxury of not being confronted with color (their own) every day.

john, if it makes you feel any better (and it shouldn't), you're only one of a handful of people I'm mad at right now.  You're the only one getting yelled at for it now because you were the only one with the balls and/or utter folly to open your mouth and try to defend it.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

I did not reply to the lawyer's post 

no, but you greened the very rude, demeaning and nasty comments left to troll him.  Those comments got removed.  Yet no one reported them, either, for being utterly unnecessary, unkind, combative and hostile.

Dessa! I don't do discrimination and hell be to those that do. I personally don't do colour. But around the world they do. I know that. And discrimination because of nationality. Oh, I know that. And barbaric discrimination because you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Military gaol and cop shops/ gaol because I happened to have the wrong passport and hair length. Been there, babe. 

I have the balls to speak my mind. And thank God and I am not cowered by that.

I am pleased to say I will continue to be that way.

I will not accept barbarity from anyone. And that is everywhere. Every- fucking where. Whether white, brown, black, yellow. I don't give a shit. 

Don't be angry with ME alone. Be angry at the human species.

really?  I wonder if the lawyer had not included his nationality whether anyone would have reacted that way toward him.  If he had just said, "I'm a lawyer, want to talk to other lawyers" we wouldn't be here talking about this now.  But because he wanted to talk to black lawyers and he happens to be from Africa, it's worthy of abuse and suspicion.

Sorry Midge, it's just racist.  There was not a single thing about it that sounded scammy, apart from the all-important word, "Tanzania."  People read that and lost all respect for the post and the poster.  He wants to do some projects with other people.  Not leasing an apartment or selling puppies.  Essentially it was even an offer of employment.  Ohhhkay then.

9 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

really?  I wonder if the lawyer had not included his nationality whether anyone would have reacted that way toward him.  If he had just said, "I'm a lawyer, want to talk to other lawyers" we wouldn't be here talking about this now.  But because he wanted to talk to black lawyers and he happens to be from Africa, it's worthy of abuse and suspicion.

Sorry Midge, it's just racist.  There is not a single thing about that that sounds scammy, apart from the all-important word, "Tanzania."  People read that and lost all respect for the post and the poster.  He wants to do some projects with other people.  Not renting an apartment or selling puppies.  Essentially it was even an offer of employment.  Ohhhkay then.

Yes- you have a good point. We do often assume too much.  

If we decided every poster who claims to be a professional in some field, but writes in broken English is a scammer we'd have to report about a third of our regulars.

I have to say that I read the post and briefly had the association with the Nigerian scammers emails. Although I don't think that this is racist in the sense of superiority. Most certainly this was a prejudice popping up in my head. I guess there is still work to be done and good for dessa to point this out.

15 hours ago, john g. said:

I don't appreciate being shouted at by you. Sorry. I am the wrong target.

We know Dessa rips occasionally. She is one (sometimes over) passionate (for good reason I don't doubt) lady. :D Hope you did not feel hurt by it. Life is short. I am glad I have the "right" coloured skin. Thank you Dessa for the insight into what it is "not" to.

I read the post and thought no more about it.

I am not a lawyer or black so I wouldn't be of much use to him/her.

On 6/5/2021, 1:37:35, dessa_dangerous said:

...But he was a grumpy, shitty old git that made the lives of everyone around him harder and by the time he died no one was particularly sad to see him go.

Sounds like you knew my FIL, a destructive, sanctimonious monster who made his daughters ashamed to be women and his sons afraid to be men.

For some reason, there was no Editorial Cartooning Pulitzer awarded for 2021. One of the three cartoonists nominated wrote:

two-bulls.png?resize=600%2C140

WT_Telnaes_final.jpg?resize=600%2C3840

Ann Telnaes is a national treasure.

On 6/12/2021, 10:05:01, katheliz said:

For some reason, there was no Editorial Cartooning Pulitzer awarded for 2021.

Part II:
198052998_10158221129378715_726683934821