Things to ponder

1,985 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, john g. said:

Alex- for God鈥檚 sake! Lighten up!馃檹馃徎

She can't, John.

And, also, she can't reply or she will break the covenant of replying to Hellfire the Magnificent!聽

The best they can now do is to post in, "Random, pointless comments",聽 bringing that thread into disrepute but also getting round their desire to reply.聽

As for Dessa's post.聽

On 11/26/2020, 8:15:35, dessa_dangerous said:

Image may contain: text that says '"LEAVE THAT BIGOTED PERSON ALONE, THEY'RE OLD" TRANSLATION: THEY LIVED THROUGH ALMOST EVERY 20th CENTURY SOCIAL MOVEMENT AND LEARNED NOTHING. @AlexGabriel'

Simplistic rubbish.聽

Mind you- I have lived through almost every 聽20th century etc movement and learnt nothing!馃榾

The thing is- we humans know聽nothing, really. I went out with puppy Mandy between the rain showers聽this evening and saw a frog on the pathway!

And I was happy! I knew nothing about the frog but felt good that IT was alive and doing its thing!

Call me a maniac if you will! But the frog made me happy because it was there!

7 minutes ago, john g. said:

I went out with puppy Mandy between the rain showers聽this evening and saw a frog on the pathway!

And I was happy! I knew nothing about the frog but felt good that IT was alive and doing its thing!

Call me a maniac if you will! But the frog made me happy because it was there!

Mate, let me get this right!?!?!

You met a French person lying on the floor, in the rain, and you did nothing!聽

The inhumanity!聽

You are, indeed, a maniac, Mr Gunn!聽

I shall be writing to my MEP about this as soon as I find out who they are and what they stand for!聽

9 hours ago, john g. said:

No, it doesn鈥檛 say that.The whole quote is in bold.

And my eyesight is poor!馃槀

And "they" is currently universally accepted聽as a generic singular pronoun.聽So, now we know this meme is discussing one person. So, what's the problem?聽

But I think there is more than one. We were visiting a friend in Gr眉nwald yesterday who is about 80. It was a nice villa and private. There was only one other house that was visible in the back. She said some Bayern footballer lived there. I asked her who (knew my son and my grandson would be interested) it was. She replied, "Just some Neger".

7 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

But I think there is more than one. We were visiting a friend in Gr眉nwald yesterday who is about 80. It was a nice villa and private. There was only one other house that was visible in the back. She said some Bayern footballer lived there. I asked her who (knew my son and my grandson would be interested) it was. She replied, "Just some Neger".

ugh. A friend of ours who is a native German and black聽told me that one of her patients said, "Oh, I am used to n****s. We knew American n****s when I was a child."聽 It's just stunning how oblivious some folks are.

3 hours ago, AlexTr said:

And "they" is currently universally accepted聽as a generic singular pronoun.聽So, now we know this meme is discussing one person. So, what's the problem?聽

Because it is daft!馃槦 I know the fashion attached to 鈥 their 鈥 and use it myself more and more- though I don鈥檛 like it.

The explanation in your link is that not everyone identifies with the use of 鈥渉is 鈥 or 鈥 her.鈥

But the identity drama is not solved by making a person a plural!

You are one and unique, Alex! Same here!聽

17 minutes ago, john g. said:

Because it is daft!馃槦 I know the fashion attached to 鈥 their 鈥 and use it myself more and more- though I don鈥檛 like it.

The explanation in your link is that not everyone identifies with the use of 鈥渉is 鈥 or 鈥 her.鈥

But the identity drama is not solved by making a person a plural!

You are one and unique, Alex! Same here!聽

Yeah, okay. You call the accepted usage in the English language daft because you want everything to default to male. Let's just let that stand.

No! What makes you think that? What is wrong with 鈥 his or her鈥 or 鈥 her or his鈥?

Are you one person or two, Alex?

How do you know if you need reputation management? Ask yourself these questions:

1. Are other users just not getting back to you or ignoring your posts?
  2. Are you not getting those genuine,聽pretty green upvotes you think you deserve in your posts?聽
  3. Is there something negative being said about you in a forum?
  4. Do your posts not come across as well-meaning, sincerely humorous, or contribute positively to a forum?
  5. Have you been called a 'troll'?
  6. Have you had to create fake accounts in order to feed your ego by greening your own posts?
  7. Are you disabling (tweaking)聽the system to meet your inadequacies?

If you answer yes to any of these questions, you need help.聽 Reputation management can help address these issues and help reclaim your rightful place among your peers.

1 minute ago, Techsmex said:

How do you know if you need reputation management? Ask yourself these questions:

2. Are you not getting those genuine,聽pretty green upvotes you think you deserve in your posts?聽
  4. Do your posts not come across as well-meaning, sincerely humorous, or contribute positively to a forum?
  6. Have you had to create fake accounts in order to feed your ego by greening your own posts?

If you answer yes to any of these questions, you need help.聽 Reputation management can help address these issues and help reclaim your place among your peers.

Just disable the system like I have.

Problem solved.聽

You're welcome.聽

4 hours ago, Techsmex said:

7. Are you disabling (tweaking)聽the system to meet your inadequacies?

If you answer yes to any of these questions, you need help.聽 Reputation management can help address these issues and help reclaim your rightful place among your peers.

I'd say this depends on the person.

If the person was, shall we say, the type of person who likes to throw their weight around online because they can't in real life (but could want to maybe), all of the above wouldn't bother them.

It would just be part of the mastermind conspiracy they think they are in and controlling.

Looking at it simply, it's just聽sad sacks with no friends who want to crawl in to bed at night like feeling like a winner. they can lie there, looking up at the ceiling and think 'by doing this I get the love my mother refused to give me, I'll prove her wrong, I'll be a success.

It's amazing what people can convince themselves is true...聽

7 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Looking at it simply, it's just聽sad sacks with no friends who want to crawl in to bed at night like feeling like a winner.聽

Nahh, that type of guy sleeps on the couch.

4 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Nahh, that type of guy sleeps on the couch.

I see you've met our resident Chief Conspiracy Theorist.

If the answer is "cock robin"...

What is the question?

2 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

If the answer is "cock robin"...

What is the question?

聽who wasted the fecker?

Nope...

Whats that in my arse Batman!!聽 聽 聽:lol::lol: