Things to ponder

1,135 posts in this topic

Even Carl Benz was merely a sustainability engineer, not an R&D guy.

If global warming really is the biggest threat to our civilization, why are governments using tax to tackle it?

Instead of just taxing the cars we have, why not invest that tax 100% in other cleaner car technologies and provide subsidies to those buying?

The announcer at the railway station said we should keep our personal belongings with us at all times.

Unfortunately, when I go out I tend to leave most of mine at home.

If global warming really is the biggest threat to our civilization, why are governments using tax to tackle it?

Instead of just taxing the cars we have, why not invest that tax 100% in other cleaner car technologies and provide subsidies to those buying?

Maybe because if everyone suddenly switched from petrol/diesel cars to electric, the government would lose a hell of a lot of money in tax/vat from the fuel.

For governments, saving the planet always takes a backseat to making money.

Why do farmers always put their gates right by the muddiest part of the field.

I wonder how many threads on TT would be made redundant by a basic knowledge of internet searches and common sense? Seems to me 50% of questions are answered by people reading the question and getting the answer from Google. Are these question askers lazy, stupid, or just lonely?

Luckily, when Cat Stevens was dropped by his record company, he landed on his feet.

Is there ever a day where it's not World "something" Day. I'm thinking of introducing a World Doing Fuck All Day.

This isn't a question...think about it

What is a word made up of 4 letters, yet is also made up of 3. Sometimes is written with 9 letters, and then with 4. Rarely consists of 6, and never is written with 5.

Metall, you are an intelligent person and a valued contributor to society.. and TT!