Things to ponder

1,135 posts in this topic

We have become prisoners of our phones, coincidentally they are called 'cell' phones..

A study has shown that 73% of people will believe a made up statistic if you tell them a study showed it.

Link to study please.

Place your wife and your dog in your car trunk, then release them an hour later... which one will be happy (wagging it's tail & licking you)  when they see you after you pop open the trunk?

Dogs are loyal, will dig a hole to find you after you're dead

10001358_907017179339537_3866788184579393468_n.jpg

Place your wife and your dog in your car trunk, then release them an hour later... which one will be happy (wagging it's tail & licking you)  when they see you after you pop open the trunk?

Well, if your wife did lick you and wag her tail, then I would suspect you might have married into the wrong family... and wrong genus... and wrong species! ;)

Liked, but it's a shame to include the anti-tattoo, anti-piercing rant at the end. They did have them back in her day as well, you know! ;)

Year 2000.

"Why do you want a tattoo?"

"I want to express myself, to show that I'm an individual".

Year 2015.

"Why haven't you got a tattoo?"

"I want to express myself, to show that I'm an individual".

Having your reputation score negged by 20 points every night should be regarded as a form of flattery. This person must be an extremely  jealous person.

The real downside to being bitten by a shark is, that afterwards you're twice as shy.

Why is it that breakfast in bed is thought of as romantic, yet dinner in bed is a cry for help.

I always wonder when I see people on TV being served breakfast in bed why they don't have to get up and pee first. Downton Abbey comes to mind.

The miracle of urine bottles and bed pans? Perhaps the incontinent ol bastards pee'd in the bed overnight, diapers & bed sheets changed by the early morn shift before the cameras rolled, who knows...  I know in my case, my mini-me wakes me up at the be-pissing hour (3:00 AM sharp) every night to take a wizz.

Do you ever get the feeling that history repeats itself?

Big news this week (http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34615621) is that processed meats such as sausages cause cancer.

Big news back in 2005 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4465871.stm) was that processed meats such as sausages cause cancer.

It's a bit like the Australian sheep farmer who loses one of his sheep EVERY year, then somebody finds it and news stations the world over show pictures of "the World's Woolliest Sheep" discovered wandering the outback.

They should have adult trick or treat on Halloween at the liquor stores, and we 'big peeps' get assorted mini-liquor bottles in our bags..

... and if they ask for a trick, we make like we want to buy the most difficult bottle to reach from the highest shelf, then after they've got it down for us we pretend we forgot our wallets and can't buy it afterall :ph34r: