Things to ponder

1,135 posts in this topic

Back in the day, girls used to cook like their mothers, now they drink like their fathers.

Dunno if it helps, but apparently I cook better than my mother (according to my mother) - but I definitely also drink like my father, which is very little indeed, because he was kind enough to pass on to me the gene for getting sick long before I get drunk.  I'm not sure that I still class as a 'girl' though, being in my 30s.  In my early 20s, I cooked almost exactly like my Mum, but didn't drink at all like my Dad, cos back then I could take it... does this upset your theory?

Why is it, that whenever you dial a wrong number, someone always answers.

Don't strangers ever go out.

I have been watching the Rugby World Cup and have been intrigued by the various prematch rituals performed by some of the teams.

New Zealand have the Haka, Fiji have the Cibi, Tonga have the Sipi Tau and Samoa have the Manu Siva Tau to mention just a few.

I think therefore that the home nations should follow their lead and do a dance before the match to reflect our heritage.

England could do a Morris Dance, Scotland the Gay  Gordons and the Irish could perform Riverdance.

Do you think that cats and dogs ever wonder why their two-legged owners don't fall over.

hooperski! Wash your mouth out in soap!:lol: I´m ALWAYS falling over my bloody cats and dogs..they stop in front of me without asking!:angry:

I am now watching England v Uruguay rugby match and am wondering why itv have got Gus Poyet, a Uraguyan football player  

Where did Barn Owls live before we had barns.

No idear mate, out in the wild?  just guessing...      but I happen to know that an Owl's favourite subject in school is Owlgebra..

The person that coined the phrase "As different as chalk and cheese" obviously doesn't shop at Lidl.

If we had more junior doctors and scrapped Trident, at least we'd have a better chance of survival come the apocalypse.

A study has shown that 73% of people will believe a made up statistic if you tell them a study showed it.