American misses bar games - who's with me?

11 posts in this topic

I didn't realize how big bar games are in the States compared to elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find a bar that has games other than kicker.

I'm talking about billiards, table tennis, darts, shuffleboard.

What are some good spots in Hamburg for this?

I'd be interested in a regular meetup for billiards/darts.

when I am back I would be up for billards and darts. The bowling alley at Hamburgerstr ubahn has pool and darts, maybe you could get Frau Moller to bring back the pool table :)

Sunset Billard in Wandsbek and Eimsbüttal are the best that I've seen in Hamburg. Both places have many tables, arcades, darts,  and have a restaurant/bar area with pretty good prices. Eimbüttal might be the largest in size and number of tables, but both offer a great environment and are walking distance to U-bahn stations. I'd been interested in a regular get together too.

Hey! I would definitely be down to meet up and play, however I'm not great at either. But what I lack in skills I can try to make up for in drinking. Let me know

We ended up going to the Bowling Center on Hamburgerstr and had a good time playing pool and bowling.

Word of advice for this bowling center--the house balls are absurdly greasy, making it difficult to get any movement across the lane.

I'll be bringing a cloth of sorts and imagine it'll turn out something like http://gifb.in/V6sV

That's pretty funny haha. Seriously, though the lanes are real greasy there, but I noticed that after a few pints of pils the ball looked (from my perspective ;) ) like it found the grooves in the lanes and was rolling pretty good... strike strike spare spare.