Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What to see and where to eat in Bremen?

3 posts in this topic

We're going to be in Bremen this weekend and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for things to see and do?  The kind of things we like are museums, art galleries, interesting/attractive architecture and we're always up for a good town walk if anyone knows of any.  

I'd also be interested in places to eat.  I'm looking for somewhere nice - maybe French, Italian or Indian (although I wouldn't rule anything out).  Price not a problem, but preferably somewhere fairly relaxed and not stuffy, not the kind of place where you feel you've got to get dressed up to the nines and need to take a degree course in cutlery management. ;)   I always reckon nothing beats local knowledge.   Any recommendations very gratefully received.   

The classic art galleries are the Bremen Kunsthalle and the Weserburg Museum of Modern Art.  There's also the Paula Modersohn-Becker museum and many other smaller galleries. You should definitely see the historic Schnoor district. Walking around the town centre and the Viertel area also take you through some nice architecture. The Buergerpark and Rhododendronpark (which has a butterfly house and botanic garden) are also lovely green spaces. You can rent a rowing boat in the Buergerpark and see the park via its waterways.

I can recommend Kamayan and Chu Ba for great fusion cuisine. Kamayan is more relaxed of the two. Medoo is very popular for casual French dining. Rotkaeppchen has quite a good breakfast buffet. Reservations are in order for all of these. 

The Breminale (music festival) is on this weekend, so the town might be on the crowded side, especially around the Viertel and Osterdeich.

Also, here's a link to an event guide for Bremen: http://www.mix-online.de/index_mixtour.php?anz_tage=31&aktjahr=2015&aktmonat=07&aktmonatnam=Juli&monat=20157&day_18=18&umland1=Bremen&submit.x=95&submit.y=11&submit=++mix+it!++&search_uhrzeit_ab=&search_uhrzeit_bis=&stichwort=&anzrubriken=21

Hope you enjoy your visit! :)

Thanks very much!  We turned out to be staying just round the corner from Medoo and very nice it was too!  We also tried  to go to Chu Ba, but they were closed.  Sommerpause perhaps.

Bremen is a lovely city, we throughly enjoyed our weekend there.