Twat of the day

783 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

Do you ever check what sort of webpage you get the information from before posting? 

I say shoot the messenger and the source.

27 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

Do you ever check what sort of webpage you get the information from before posting? 

No. He also never reads what he posts or he would already have known the article was a lie. The girl was raped, but she was not euthanized. Also, I've personally never known any woman to "get over" a rape. That was an odd thing to write.

So this company are putting a lot of spin and bullshit about this job ...

D8Njz6HWsAAUE85-351x330.jpg

D8Nj0UtXkAAvzuV-450x213.jpg

D8Nj0rFXkAA6L4D-450x185.jpg

D8Nj0_kWwAEB5rF-450x316.jpg

When what they're really looking for is a slave to do everything.

Gee, let's see what the internets have to say about j²'s latest source, shall we?

The magazine was founded in 2000 after the bankruptcy of its predecessor, Living Marxism (LM).[9][2][10]

LM closed after losing a libel case brought against it by the broadcasting corporation ITN.[11][3] The case centered around ITN coverage of Fikret Alić and other Bosnian Muslims standing behind a barbed-wire fence at the Trnopolje camp during the Bosnian war. LM claimed to oppose Western intervention on traditional anti-imperialist grounds, and published an article titled "The Picture that Fooled the World"[12] which claimed that ITN's coverage was deceptive, the barbed-wire did not enclose the camp and the Muslims were in fact "refugees, many of whom went there seeking safety and could leave again if they wished." During the court case, evidence given by the camp doctor led LM to abandon its defence. ITN was awarded damages and costs, estimated to be around £1 million.[9][13][14]

Factually incorrect reporting

In their reporting on EU affairs, Spiked journalists take a very critical stance of the EU and have made factually incorrect claims.

Spiked has for instance reported on the Tobacco Products Directive as being "joisted on the UK",[34] despite the UK voting in favour of this directive in the Council of Ministers.[35][36] In the same article, it was erroneously claimed that the Tobacco Products Directive was "the product of the European Commission and a few overexcited MEPs", ignoring the fact that EU measures adopted pursuant to the ordinary legislative procedure can only be enacted if there is an agreement between both the European Parliament and the Council.

In relation to plans for greater EU military cooperation James Woudhuysen noted that Brexit would mean that the UK "wouldn’t have to keep up with all of the EU’s sparkly new initiatives",[37] ignoring the fact that every EU Member State has the right not to participate in any defence initiative set up by the EU and cannot be forced to participate therein.[38]

Rob Lyons incorrectly reported that in "the EU, laws are decided by the European Council (the 28 heads of state)."[39] In fact, it is the Council of the EU (not the European Council) which decides on EU laws (under the ordinary legislative procedure together with the European Parliament), with Article 15(1) TEU explicitly prescribing that the European Council "shall not exercise legislative functions."

In relation to the Austrian Freedom Party entering the national governing coalition following the elections in 1999, Tom Slater incorrectly reported that "the EU imposed sanctions and made member states cut off diplomatic ties"[40] while in fact there was no such EU decision but rather a series of unilateral decisions by the 14 other EU Member States to take bilateral action against Austria, albeit in a coordinated manner.[41]

In a 2016 Spiked video which sets out the reasons why the British electorate should vote to Leave the EU, it is claimed that the EU is racist because the free movement of persons only applies to citizens of other EU countries, not to non-EU citizens.[42] This ignores the fact that EU law does not prevent EU Member States from affording nationals of non-EU Member States the same generous treatment as EU citizens, including the free movement of persons.

Funding

A joint investigation between DeSmog UK and The Guardian revealed that Spiked US Inc. has received funding from the Charles Koch Foundation.[4][5][44]

I believe the phrase is "Oh, dear."

23 hours ago, AlexTr said:

No. He also never reads what he posts or he would already have known the article was a lie. The girl was raped, but she was not euthanized. Also, I've personally never known any woman to "get over" a rape.

Exactly. Reading is fundamental - but not for all TTers. :D:D

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Gee, let's see what the internets have to say about j²'s latest source, shall we?

I believe the phrase is "Oh, dear."

You made me laugh Old Jeffo. I'll concede my source was rubbish, aber aber...

The hard-Left protester who was filmed screaming 'Nazi scum' at a Donald Trump supporter doused in milkshake has quit her job as an NHS contractor.

Yup, it's in the Fail of course, but here's our darling:

Siobhan Prigent, 34, sold project support services to the NHS through her company

Miss Prigent describes herself online as an 'intersectional feminist' and a 'crazy cat lady' with an interest in mental health. 

One down....

So you admit that you're completely full of shit. Not that it will stop you from quoting similar tripe in the future. But it's a start, I guess. Too bad you abandoned your brief attempt at self-deplatforming (which included your atomic flounce and metamorphosis to j2). Your mental health would be much better if you didn't dive head-first into every rabbit hole that YouTube (and, FSM forbid, 4/8chan) offered you.

The important thing is that you've found someone "different" to beat up on, to make you feel better in your own pathetic existence. 

Who's been the biggest twat this week.  Sorry j2, close but no cigar.  The winner is ...

Just arrived in the United Kingdom. The only problem is that @CNN is the primary source of news available from the U.S. After watching it for a short while, I turned it off. All negative & so much Fake News, very bad for U.S. Big ratings drop. Why doesn’t owner @ATT do something?

So you arrive in the beautiful historic capital of one of America's oldest allies and the first thing you do is turn on cable news.  Vain idiot.
Then you have the audacity to say that we don't broadcast your favourite news channel. Idiot.
That is because we know that Fox is dishonest, just like you.  Idiot.

3 hours ago, French bean said:

Is there no one in the Tory party that hasn't been involved in something illegal?

In their private lives?

Theresa May perhaps :blink:

What is it with middle aged, white, right wing men.

Being a member of the LGBT community makes you inherently virtuous in the eyes of our woke overlords, while being a cishet white male makes you morally suspect.

Let's have a look at his previous tweets.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/toby.png

People tend to take an instant dislike to this slimy weasel, as it saves time.

And then we have another twat named Jeremy ...

Dear The Police, I know it was a nasty crash in Hammersmith last night but how can it take this long to re-open the road?

I’m sure it was terrible. But once the injured are sorted, the number one priority is opening the road. Blame is irrelevant

Dear Jeremy..
Just long enough for us to investigate what happened.
Sorry that you might have been inconvenienced, but someone died in that crash, try not to be too insensitive....
Kind regards
A Police Officer.

Well Jeremy, as much as I’d like to drive a banger through Borneo, & crash things into caravans or whatever it is you do; my job is finding out why the broom broom crashed & the people are crying. Tends to be complicated. Frustrating too, enough to make you want to punch someone!

"Handmaid's fail: Kylie Jenner faces backlash for themed party"

Many social media users were unimpressed by the party's "distasteful theme" in which guests enjoyed "praise be vodka" and "under his eye tequila".

The Handmaid's Tale tells the story of a patriarchal United States where fertile women are subjected to a life of sexual servitude by the authoritarian government named Gilead.

As fertility rates plummet these handmaids are forced to have children for the rich and powerful.

_107280957_d02b4a26-fb4b-4a5f-b431-ca9fb

They should've invited a British Royal too, in a Nazi uniform...

Snowflakes just love to whinge about people having fun.

So really his post is along the lines of 'Look what I'm getting as a perk in my new job' Just like Nige, what's in it for me?