Twat of the day

835 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, hooperski said:

Well aware that your post is in the Twat of the Day thread, I'm sure your post was tongue in cheek.  :wacko:

I mistakenly assumed from your posts that you had a sense of humor. I guess that is only if misogyny is involved... 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Whether or not I have a sense of humour is purely a person's opinion, you have your own thoughts.

If I have offended you, please show me where I was showing a misogynist attitude and quote me.

58 minutes ago, hooperski said:

If I have offended you, please show me where I was showing a misogynist attitude and quote me.

I never claimed you offended me. I just noted that your sense of humor seems to be well intact when it comes to jokes such as the following (and please don’t pretend I had to look very hard to find a sample). 

On 12/16/2018, 5:03:01, hooperski said:

How many feminists does it take to change a spare wheel?  Just kidding, feminists can't change anything. (Incoming :ph34r:)

Personally, I think that is a funny joke and not at all spiteful.

If you are offended by that, you really are very delicate.

Luckily the Mods have removed the negative button or I fear you would have been very busy.

I never said it wasn’t funny (although it was actually a bit lame) or that I was offended. You asked for an example and I gave one. 

So your example was way back in December 2018, didn't have to go back far then.

Anyway, always nice to have an appraisal.

1 minute ago, hooperski said:

So your example was way back in December 2018, didn't have to go back far then.

do you want to know how quickly I found an example? 

Put jok in the search field. Click on the link to jokes. That’s the page after the one it took me to. 

42 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

(Incoming :ph34r:)

This is called a disclaimer in case anyone didn't know. It means just taking the piss here. Don't go too hard on me. I don't believe what I just wrote.

I know***. It was just the first example I came across. 

***I actually like some of his jokes and only gave an example since he asked for one, but would that disclaimer also make a racist joke ok?

29 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

I know***. It was just the first example I came across. 

***I actually like some of his jokes and only gave an example since he asked for one, but would that disclaimer also make a racist joke ok?

I think  his jokes are like the ones my father's generation told!  Many laughing at stereotypical women, but usually quite gentle. ( With some affection?!)

36 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

I think  his jokes are like the ones my father's generation told!  Many laughing at stereotypical women, but usually quite gentle. ( With some affection?!)

And that makes it OK? 

You don’t need to look for individual posts when there are whole threads to choose from. The Kate Middleton and Anusol ‚joke‘ is representative of the level of discourse. 

Misogeny. Nuff said.

Also clearly someone who can make a joke but has zero sense of humour about himself as he ably demonstrates above.

I just want to point out that I have nothing against the man and was only responding to his posts to me. 

Carry on. Nothing to see here. 

2 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Carry on. Nothing to see here. 

Quite literally when you put the Welsh Bernard Manning on ignore :D

23 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Oh I wouldn't go so far as Bernard Manning. Maybe Chubby Brown.

Or even as bad as those purveyors of poor taste, the erstwhile Macc Lads:

(That's two hours of my evening gone then).

1 hour ago, Kommentarlos said:

I LOVE that man!!

:P

http://funnycomedianquotes.com/funny-bernard-manning-jokes-and-quotes.html

So there!

And before you complain about  Benny Hill and stereotypes of women..he was gay! (Found that out from a friend of his two days, an 80 year old pianist in our village!).

( By the way, was that your first ever smilie on here? )

:P

Oh, kommentarlos..be gentle with me...a lady dentist tortured me for two hours today! (Man-hater? ):D

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

So there!

And before you complain about  Benny Hill and stereotypes of women..he was gay! (Found that out from a friend of his two days, an 80 year old pianist in our village!).

Ah John, he used to get one of the Hills' Angels to administer to his needs after his shows if you get my drift (nudge nudge)! I also have some showbiz secrets - Frankie Howerd was the first man in Britain to require an adult nappy. Do not ask why! ;)

4 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

do you want to know how quickly I found an example? 

Back on topic, you actually did not need to look any further than the title of this thread. 

Or are the individuals discussed here as ''twats' done so with gentle affection?

5 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Ah John, he used to get one of the Hills' Angels to administer to his needs after his shows if you get my drift (nudge nudge)! I also have some showbiz secrets - Frankie Howerd was the first man in Britain to require an adult nappy. Do not ask why! ;)

4 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:
4 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

Oh I wouldn't go so far as Bernard Manning. Maybe Chubby Brown.

Or even as bad as those purveyors of poor taste, the erstwhile Macc Lads:

I will ask anyway..Why?

:D

My pianist friend knew him as well! And Eric Skyes! I had medical stuff to deal with today but will be popping round my friend´s place tomorrow and will ask him!!!

17 minutes ago, john g. said:

According to Wikipedia he refused to make jokes about tampons so perhaps an unworthy accolade for our lady bits fixated poster. More a pound shop Bernard Manning.

I am not sure that being a gay man makes the situation better. But you did ask me to be kind. Looking positively perhaps he was laughing at the men who were laughing ath the women. :D

According to Wikipedia, Kommentarlos? He refused to make tampon jokes? Or only once a year..for the Christmas period?