Twat of the day

874 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, optimista said:

I cannot imagine that most tatoo artists are the most intelligent or socially responsible types

when I was into visiting tattoo parlors they all had very strict rules about "no faces, necks or hands".  the hand thing started to loosen up a bit, but the face thing was always strictly taboo.  As were racist themes,  They most definitely DO say no. Of course you can usually find someone stupid to do something like this...and judging from the very low quality of that "piece"...ugh.  what a trainwreck.

Anyway, bottom line is I don't think any self respecting tattoo artist would have dished that monstrosity out. 

She's a candidate for Tattoo Nightmares Miami !!

These guys salvage and cover up mistakes and badly aged tattoos.

I'm still hoping this is a temptoo, i.e. a non permanent tattoo (basically not needled as deeply and fades after a few years).

It's not a decal, but a more shallow tattoo that also irritates the skin.

Thank you, next tat twat.

In her grand tradition of getting new ink to mark major life events, Ariana Grande got a new hand tattoo written in Japanese kanji characters to celebrate her new single, “7 Rings.”

But getting a tattoo in a different language — and sometimes even in your own language— can be tricky, which is how she ended up with a tat that reads “small barbecue grill” instead of “7 rings.”

Story and pics here.

15 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Thank you, next tat twat.

Story and pics here.

Plenty of people are walking around with Asian character tattoos that don't mean what they think they mean.  I even heard about someone who was in Japan and got a tattoo there and was later told the meaning was "dumb foreigner" :) 

3 hours ago, LeonG said:

Plenty of people are walking around with Asian character tattoos that don't mean what they think they mean.  I even heard about someone who was in Japan and got a tattoo there and was later told the meaning was "dumb foreigner" :) 

I had a guy at a previous job who got "Immortal" tattooed on the end of his sleeve.

Now, I've lived in Japan and I play video games so I recognized the Kanji for undead when I see it.

Turns out  不死 means both/either depending on context.

And that's assuming he meant to get it in Japanese. There's tons of fun examples of false friends including the Japanese everyone knows (有難う - Arigatou/thank you) meaning catastrophic, disastrous or calamitous in Chinese. Or the old letter/toilet paper example.

And as this stupidity isn't a one-way street: I saw a nice 40-something lady on my commute wearing a sweater with "I'm like a taxidermist, I'll mount anything" patch.

Now, my Japanese isn't nearly good enough to explain that one, so I didn't engage her in conversation to see whether she understood even the first layer of that statement.

And in Ariane's defense . . . those kanji did mean 7 and rings. 
Just . . . . can't combine em that way.

<small>Don't get tattoos in languages you don't understand, stupid people.</small>

And it's not on her face

Just now, Maarsch said:

<small>Don't get tattoos in languages you don't understand, stupid people.</small>

Well . . . that didn't work

58 minutes ago, Maarsch said:

Well . . . that didn't work

Next time try using [ instead of < and ] instead of > ;)

2B

This stupid woman now admits that the tattoo is false and that she was only trying to promote her new album.     “It was only a stunt”.     Mmmmm.  

E0285CDB-FB9D-4B36-9B85-4031B6CC7888.jpeg

He qualifies for several threads but this is the most apt.

4142E9BA-D35B-4531-B3ED-A058F5E59436.jpeg