Twat of the day

834 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, optimista said:

Some young men will charitably entertain well preserved middle-aged ladies with raging hormones for the fun of it and kudos amongst their peers, for a while

For some it's like that, sure.

but others actually appreciate the lack of drama an older woman offers (compared to their more age appropriate peers).  Older women generally don't want to marry them, they don't want babies, they don't need money, they have a better handle on what they want, by and large they are much more secure in themselves and don't need constant reassurance.  

for certain men this is very appealing and the interest is not charitable at all.

Younger men and older (I’m not even going to attempt to define that :ph34r: ) women are much more compatible sexually. Many women just hit their sexual stride, as the men start to lose theirs. 

Many older men want the younger women to stroke their own egos more than to stroke anything else. 

That and let’s face it, having sex with the same partner for years and years can become quite mundane. 

the part that's baffling is the shocking dearth of middle aged (40-50 ish) men who are willing to be flexible on the matter AT ALL :)

I think it has a lot to do with this being high time for divorce...they have a fantasy about scoring the hot young thing now that they are "free".  Something like that but not sure.  Don't really care, it just always struck me as weird.

9 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

the part that's baffling is the shocking dearth of middle aged (40-50 ish) men who are willing to be flexible on the matter AT ALL

Its no different to teenage boys complaining that no girls their age are interested.  For the most part women have always prefered more mature (ie older) men so younger guys are out of luck, whereas men tend to prefer younger women so older women are also at a disadvantage.  

20 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

they have a fantasy about scoring the hot young thing

Indeed, and by a weird quirk of nature it turns out that many of those "hot young things" have something of a fantasy about scoring a decent guy who has found his place in life etc.  

1 minute ago, zwiebelfisch said:

Indeed, and by a weird quirk of nature it turns out that many of those "hot young things" have something of a fantasy about scoring a decent guy who has found his place in life etc.  

sure.  kids.  ex drama.  visitation arrangements. 

I had plenty of friends in my 20s with older boyfriends (10 years max) and none of the men were divorced nor had kids. We did all appreciate slightly older men due to their more settled personalities, but 40s or 50s was pretty much out of the question.  Same in the 30s - 10 years was usually the max difference and no, no one had much interest in recent divorces, especially those with kids.  It's a time to forging your own family for most women.  They don't want someone else's kids, they want their own.

I dunno.  maybe you know different kinds of women.  

11 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

Same in the 30s - 10 years was usually the max difference and no, no one had much interest in recent divorces, especially those with kids.  It's a time to forging your own family for most women.  They don't want someone else's kids, they want their own.

I don't think there's a huge supply of never married, no kids guys once you reach 40.  Some women hook up with guys who have kids anyway and then try to sabotage visitation to get rid of them.  I knew a couple of single mom's this happened to as well as it happened to my brother.  New gf starts by making excuses why they can't do visitation this weekend or the next or why they can't do the whole weekend and before the guy knows, he's only seeing his kid for a movie one Sunday a month.

59 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

..., whereas men tend to prefer younger women so older women are also at a disadvantage.

Except if you are Heidi Klum or Jennifer Aniston 🤗.

52 minutes ago, LeonG said:

I don't think there's a huge supply of never married, no kids guys once you reach 40.  

Much higher here than in most places, of course.   About 30% of people here  don't have children, and there's always a higher % of men than women.    Statistics for men without children tend not to be gathered as they are for women (who are invariably the only gender used for fertility rates and "childless" rates etc) and so that group remains less visible perhaps.    

It peaked in my cohort (Gen X) but of course many of us selected quite positively in an era where we had a lot of  individual choice over employment, professions, housing etc.   Not paired up by a certain age, then we often do not have much reason to choose it later on.   Personally, I come across attractive and seemingly available older men very very often but the potential deal is not the same now :lol:.  It's gonna be hard to turn many lifelong individualists into mainstream cohabiters, not least because they do not need to be one.

46 minutes ago, LeonG said:

I don't think there's a huge supply of never married, no kids guys once you reach 40.  Some women hook up with guys who have kids anyway and then try to sabotage visitation to get rid of them.  I knew a couple of single mom's this happened to as well as it happened to my brother.  New gf starts by making excuses why they can't do visitation this weekend or the next or why they can't do the whole weekend and before the guy knows, he's only seeing his kid for a movie one Sunday a month.

exactly my point.  And most divorced middle aged guys are hardly freewheeling, nor even "stable" insofar as it's a difficult time after a split.  They have most decidedly *lost* their most recent place in life.  I'm not saying that as a criticism against them at all, it's just interesting that there is some idea this state of affairs would be very appealing to much younger women in general.  I don't think it generally is.  Hence my bafflement as stated previously.

yes there are some women who will go for this, and in some cases I'm sure there is sincere care and attraction involved and everybody wins, but goodness how wrong it can go. 

thanks for the examples of young gfs  gone wrong, but I gotta say, I'm not happy to hear it :/  That's just awful.  Not only that a new romantic interest would be so evil to do this, but that the dads would let it progress to that point.  Just sad.

6 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

thanks for the examples of young gfs  gone wrong, but I gotta say, I'm not happy to hear it :/  That's just awful.  Not only that a new romantic interest would be so evil to do this, but that the dads would let it progress to that point.  Just sad.

I don't think they are realizing that they are being evil at all.  It's more like it's just not convenient to have this kid around that they didn't raise and who may be annoying, especially to dad's new gf and so she'll sigh and say: do we really have to take X this weekend? because I'm not feeling well or we had plans or whatever.  And I think in most cases, the dad's don't really see what's happening until it's too late.

A girlfriend can also have a good influence on a dad / kid relationship.  I knew of one too where the dad was not in the picture at all until he got a new gf who liked the idea that he had a kid and started doing full on visitation.

14 minutes ago, LeonG said:

I don't think they are realizing that they are being evil at all.

I think that's very possible and even likely in most cases.  But ignorance doesn't forgive it - putting yourself between a parent and their kids is pretty evil, intentional or not.

3 hours ago, Cammiede said:

Younger men and older (I’m not even going to attempt to define that :ph34r: ) women are much more compatible sexually. Many women just hit their sexual stride, as the men start to lose theirs. 

Are you sure about this?  I mean I've seen studies say the same thing but from what I've seen women in their 30s and 40s, at least the married ones and the ones with children, tend to be so overwhelmed with tasks that their sex drive goes down as a result.  Women in their 20s are a totally different story.

13 hours ago, Clive2677 said:

Footage of a group of teenagers - many wearing Make America Great Again caps - taunting a Native American man in Washington DC has drawn criticism.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46935701

Appalling behavior by the age group that some politicians wish to give the right to vote.  

I'm not sure if you care but here's another perspective:

https://news.yahoo.com/nathan-phillips-lied-media-bought-221415801.html

Here's a snippet:

According to the Washington Post, Phillips, 64, said that he felt threatened by the teens and that they swarmed around him as he and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave. This is a lie. They didn’t swarm around him. He strolled right into the middle of their group

https://twitter.com/matthewschmitz/status/1086994001801158656

The Media Wildly Mischaracterized That Video of Covington Catholic Students Confronting a Native American Veteran

I also didn't see where the kid, who the lynch mob want to hang, insults or assaults Phillips.  This is just one example of a fake news narrative being pushed to rouse the rabble.

1 hour ago, J0ker said:

I mean I've seen studies say the same thing but from what I've seen women in their 30s and 40s, at least the married ones and the ones with children, tend to be so overwhelmed with tasks that their sex drive goes down as a result. 

Have you also seen the studies that say that women reach their sexual peak in their mid 30's through their 40's.

Also, when the men take on their half of the daily/evening tasks with children, the women aren't so overwhelmed.

Dave the comedien Cameron, despite no longer being in Politics gets it today:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46951942

Little bits that show just how big a twat he is:

European Council President Donald Tusk told David Cameron to "get real" over his "stupid referendum" before the 2016 Brexit vote, a BBC documentary reveals.

Mr Tusk said he was "really amazed and even shocked" to learn from Mr Cameron that he decided to hold the referendum because of his own party.

The only thing this spineless, clueless, lightweight has achieved is to polarise the country and make us a laughing stock in the World second only to Trump. He should be made to stand up in court and defend himself for his actions instead of slithering away like the Invertebrate he is.

5 minutes ago, French bean said:

The only thing this spineless, clueless, lightweight has achieved is to polarise the country and make us a laughing stock in the World

...come on, that's not all he achieved. He also introduced the need for food banks in most towns around the country.

14 minutes ago, dstanners said:

...come on, that's not all he achieved. He also introduced the need for food banks in most towns around the country.

And reduced taxation for the wealthy,

increased tuition fees from 3k GBP to 9K GBP per year

brought in the Bedroom Tax

reduced help for the disabled

sold off the Harrier's (VTOL aircraft) to the US

sold what he could to the Chinese

Gave Russian and Chinese millionaires the right to stay - for the right price of course.

Let the Banks get away scot free after the financial crisis

I mean, just what has the Invertebrate done for us?