Cycling group in Berlin

14 posts in this topic

Have been searching for this but with no success. A few years ago it was going strong.

Dos anyone know what happened to it?

No replies? Surely somebody must know what happened?

I was always reading about where the group was meeting next weekend and what their plans were.

Or was I dreaming? 

Hi I go out a few times a week generally to templehof. I guess if their is no group we should start one :-). I know a few guys who ride so maybe we should put something together. 

I'd be interested. Just moved here from Seattle (June 23) and am looking for some longer rides out of town, where I surmise there are great routes, but which I have zero concept of how to access. Live in Schoneberg.

I see roadies all the time in Grunewald, but I'm not certain of specific routes or groups.

Hey,

Maybe we should just set up a date for the first ride.

To get things moving I'd like to propose that we head west of Spandau. I've done some riding there so I could come up with a route. There's roads going in both forest and between fields so it's quite pleasant. We could start from Plötzensee in Wedding and if there's a need pick someone from Spandau.

How many kilometers would you like to ride? Would it be a weekday or on a weekend?

Jani

yep im up for it, 

I'd be interested. Just moved here from Seattle (June 23) and am looking for some longer rides out of town, where I surmise there are great routes, but which I have zero concept of how to access. Live in Schoneberg.

Yep im up for it, All that are interested please drop me an email sw@sekal.com as im not on this so often. Once we get something organised I can repost on here.

Look forward to hearing from you! 

Thanks

Simon  

I'm going to do a pretty standard Saturday morning ride this week. The ride will be some 85 - 90 km. If anyone's interested joining in let me know. We could meet in Wedding or near Tiergarten. Oh, and early start would be preferable :).

Hi all. I'm moving to Charlottenburg in October for a few years. An enthusiastic roadie hampered only by a lack of fitness. Usually do a 60-80km spin on a Saturday or Sunday morning, earlier the better. I'm not quick but I do have jokes. If anyone's in the area and wants some company, message me. 

I am also interested in going out for rides and was curious as to what was going on as far as the cycling scene in Berlin. I live in Spandou if anyone is interested please message me and we can go for a ride together! (around 60k or more)

The best (perhaps only) way to start a cycling group is to organize a ride i.e. definitively state that you are going to do X ride (difficulty, distance, chance of refreshments), on Y (date, time), meeting at Z (central location). Then maybe people show up and you have a group, or they don't, and you do your ride anyway. Anything else and you just talk round and round in circles forever. Also try meetup.com, though those people hardly ever show up when they say they're going to.