Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Decent hand car wash in/around MUC.

9 posts in this topic

i could do it myself, but i want to support the local economy.

had a google, but only can up with full-on valeting costing over 50€ for a spruce up. i'm not willing to suport the economy that much!

does anyone know of  a decent and resonably priced hand car wash in town... thinking like those in UK supermarket carparks run by Poles/Serbs/Lithuanians.  where are they here?

don't want to go through the Waschstraße and there's no way i'm attemping a long wheel based van on my own.

cheers in advance!

I doubt you'll find anything like this here as washing the car in the street / car park .. etc .. is illegal in Germany.

Cars must be washed in either a Waschstrasse or in one of the jet washes.

As Malt-teaser said it is illegal because you need a proper system to collect the water and remove the dirt from it. It is also illegal to wash the car (mow the lawn, ...) on a Sunday, but some car-washes have managed to get an exception as they are in an industrial area.

Some big shopping centers in Berlin have cash wash services somewhere in a corner in their (underground) parking area. So, I would say it is possible.

There is a "detailing" place underground at V-Markt car park near Ostbahnhof. They don't wash the vehicle, but seems they wax and polish it and do the interior.

I don't know whether it helps or not, but see that place just in front of the silver car, right next to the  "Perfect wash"? It features a hight pressure pistol that you can use by yourself, and you can choose from a few programmes, like warm water, some foam stuff, and wax (not sure). It costs 2€ for about 2-3min.

It's similar to L'Elephant in France.

https://goo.gl/maps/AV8kC

Hi,

I need an hand car wash. I don't mean to wash my car in the street but I am talking about this authorized car was services where you go and use a high pressurized water pistol to wash your car. You put the coin and you get 30-60 seconds of water/soap going out from the pistol or brush.

I googled but I just find not hand car wash.

6 hours ago, Frantic said:

Hi,

I need an hand car wash. I don't mean to wash my car in the street but I am talking about this authorized car was services where you go and use a high pressurized water pistol to wash your car. You put the coin and you get 30-60 seconds of water/soap going out from the pistol or brush.

I googled but I just find not hand car wash.

yeah, I was a the diesel station and noticed that they have jet / pressure washer machines, like you see in England

@ ALLGUTH  - Kreillerstraße 220 (stadtauswärts, 81825 München ), I have not used them so cannot say what they are good or bad but they have them!

Not sure if you are near this garage, maybe it helps