Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Decent hand car wash in/around MUC.

24 posts in this topic

i could do it myself, but i want to support the local economy.

had a google, but only can up with full-on valeting costing over 50€ for a spruce up. i'm not willing to suport the economy that much!

does anyone know of  a decent and resonably priced hand car wash in town... thinking like those in UK supermarket carparks run by Poles/Serbs/Lithuanians.  where are they here?

don't want to go through the Waschstraße and there's no way i'm attemping a long wheel based van on my own.

cheers in advance!

I doubt you'll find anything like this here as washing the car in the street / car park .. etc .. is illegal in Germany.

Cars must be washed in either a Waschstrasse or in one of the jet washes.

As Malt-teaser said it is illegal because you need a proper system to collect the water and remove the dirt from it. It is also illegal to wash the car (mow the lawn, ...) on a Sunday, but some car-washes have managed to get an exception as they are in an industrial area.

Some big shopping centers in Berlin have cash wash services somewhere in a corner in their (underground) parking area. So, I would say it is possible.

There is a "detailing" place underground at V-Markt car park near Ostbahnhof. They don't wash the vehicle, but seems they wax and polish it and do the interior.

I don't know whether it helps or not, but see that place just in front of the silver car, right next to the  "Perfect wash"? It features a hight pressure pistol that you can use by yourself, and you can choose from a few programmes, like warm water, some foam stuff, and wax (not sure). It costs 2€ for about 2-3min.

It's similar to L'Elephant in France.

https://goo.gl/maps/AV8kC

Hi,

I need an hand car wash. I don't mean to wash my car in the street but I am talking about this authorized car was services where you go and use a high pressurized water pistol to wash your car. You put the coin and you get 30-60 seconds of water/soap going out from the pistol or brush.

I googled but I just find not hand car wash.

6 hours ago, Frantic said:

Hi,

I need an hand car wash. I don't mean to wash my car in the street but I am talking about this authorized car was services where you go and use a high pressurized water pistol to wash your car. You put the coin and you get 30-60 seconds of water/soap going out from the pistol or brush.

I googled but I just find not hand car wash.

yeah, I was a the diesel station and noticed that they have jet / pressure washer machines, like you see in England

@ ALLGUTH  - Kreillerstraße 220 (stadtauswärts, 81825 München ), I have not used them so cannot say what they are good or bad but they have them!

Not sure if you are near this garage, maybe it helps

Hi, any recommendations for a good car wash (Munich) that lets you stay inside the car? Unfortunately the Tesla cannot be left alone, as it will auto park and block the whole thing!

I also thought of leaving the phone inside, but unsure if it will stay in neutral gear...

I usually wash here:

https://goo.gl/maps/eZ7dyBKfqx64kY216

...but you have to leave the vehicle...

Bavaria petrol (Bodenseestraße 317, 81249 München) have a Waschstraße. You just take the car out of gear, handbrake off and it will pull you along, you stay inside the whole time. Maybe googling Waschstraße will find something closer to your current location. 

46 minutes ago, Tallicame said:

Bavaria petrol (Bodenseestraße 317, 81249 München) have a Waschstraße. You just take the car out of gear, handbrake off and it will pull you along, you stay inside the whole time. Maybe googling Waschstraße will find something closer to your current location. 

He means a HAND WASH.

You are not supposed to wash a Tesla in a normal automatic car wash.  Some issues with hippie regulations with the pain they use (not sure if international cars are affected by this) and with the pressure water damaging cameras and sensors.

You can take a Tesla to a contactless automatic car wash, but they are not popular here, I've actually never seen one.

2 hours ago, Krieg said:

He means a HAND WASH.

Actually, I meant the normal one :)

I would pay up to 30€ for a hand wash, but i don´t think I would find a place that does it at that price.

2 hours ago, Krieg said:

You are not supposed to wash a Tesla in a normal automatic car wash.  Some issues with hippie regulations with the pain they use (not sure if international cars are affected by this) and with the pressure water damaging cameras and sensors.

AFAIK, the only issue is the rear camera, but usually it is only a problem if someone goes there manually and moves the camera around.

2 hours ago, Krieg said:

You can take a Tesla to a contactless automatic car wash, but they are not popular here, I've actually never seen one.

Never heard of them... will investigate!

3 hours ago, Tallicame said:

Thanks! My problem is that I used a Waschstraße some months ago that made some small scratches on my car´s paint.

Later I found a very good one (even Merc E taxis go there) but you have to leave the car, they won´t let you stay inside...

https://goo.gl/maps/R46xTQZVfPFHZ13i8

14 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

AFAIK, the only issue is the rear camera, but usually it is only a problem if someone goes there manually and moves the camera around.

Never heard of them... will investigate!

I think you have to do some research, because AFAIK Teslas can't be taken to the normal car wash.    

2 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I think you have to do some research, because AFAIK Teslas can't be taken to the normal car wash.    

I´ve read a lot of US forums and it seems you can, the only issue is the rear camera (which is even more dangerous with manual washing) and that you must stay inside the vehicle.

All other cameras are behind flushed glass, so it is not an issue.

Nope.  Teslas' paint is super sensitive because some USA (California?) laws.  Their advice is to take it only to a touchless / contactless car wash or to wash by hand (2 bucket method preferable).   

That's why I said from the beginning, you have to check if those paint restrictions affect the international cars as well or only the ones sold in USA.

I have no idea if manual washing is indeed dangerous for the cameras.    There is lots of inconsistency everywhere.    If I ever have one I would probably do the usual, almost never wash the car.

Edit:

And since you are just being Mike again, this is a copy/paste from a Tesla 3 user manual:

Caution: If washing in an automatic car wash, use Touchless car washes only. These car washes have no parts (brushes, etc.) that touch the surfaces of Model 3. Using any other type of car wash could cause damage that is not covered by the warranty.

Caution: Ensure the wipers are off before washing Model 3 to avoid the risk of damaging the wipers.

38 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Nope.  Teslas' paint is super sensitive because some USA (California?) laws.  Their advice is to take it only to a touchless / contactless car wash or to wash by hand (2 bucket method preferable).   

That's why I said from the beginning, you have to check if those paint restrictions affect the international cars as well or only the ones sold in USA.

I have no idea if manual washing is indeed dangerous for the cameras.    There is lots of inconsistency everywhere.    If I ever have one I would probably do the usual, almost never wash the car.

Edit:

And since you are just being Mike again, this is a copy/paste from a Tesla 3 user manual:

Caution: If washing in an automatic car wash, use Touchless car washes only. These car washes have no parts (brushes, etc.) that touch the surfaces of Model 3. Using any other type of car wash could cause damage that is not covered by the warranty.

Caution: Ensure the wipers are off before washing Model 3 to avoid the risk of damaging the wipers.

Thanks!

Then I guess I have to go to the original post: any touchless car wash or hand car wash services in Munich?

On 13.5.2015, 09:26:00, donaby said:

As Malt-teaser said it is illegal because you need a proper system to collect the water and remove the dirt from it.

Even if you don´t use soap? I mean, just a pressure hose.

4 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Even if you don´t use soap? I mean, just a pressure hose.

The soap is not the problem because you could use natural soap.  At the end It is all nonsense.  Their reasoning is that the water will displace all dirt and oil-derived residues that then will go into the drainage system.

But then, what happen when it rains?