Private German Lessons

43 posts in this topic

Do you want to learn German, improve it or prepare for a new field of business?

I am a state-certified foreign language correspondent by „inlingua“ in the field of economics with over 10 years of teaching experience in both the private and business sectors.

My clients come from all over the world with varying levels of German experience (beginners to experts) and various professional backgrounds (e.g. auditors, engineers, lawyers, nurses, consultants, etc.). Thus, I am easily able to adapt to your personal or professional learning needs.

I offer

- prompt and thorough analysis of your skills

- effective German lessons, perfectly adjusted to your needs and wishes

- exercises to enlarge your vocabulary and range of expressions, strengthen your German and become more self-confident when speaking!

Spoken languages: German, English, French, Spanish

(Cambridge University Cert.; Diplôme du DELF)

Please contact me via e-mail: andrea.languages@web.de

Thank you Andrea for all your help in learning this difficult language! I know I might be a difficult student since my schedue is so crazy and you have worked so hard to accomodate it, knowing that I don't have time for an intensive class but with your patience your lessons have really brought me from zero knowledge to now being able to communicate at work and on the town.

I want you to know that I never thought that I would understand the German grammar especially at my age but you have been so patient with me in explaining things in a very creative way that I can understand instead of just following a standard text book.

I also offer

- special training for job interviews in German, 

- training for business meetings, 

- proofreading (for any field of business), 

- digital dictations of words and texts, 

- preparation for exams. 

I started taking private lessons from Andrea 6 months ago and can't thank her enough for all her help!! Prior to my lessons with Andrea, I was doing self-study and had taken a couple classes in the A1/A2 levels. However, I was getting very frustrated with the amount of time it took to learn in a classroom format and also the lack of speaking practice (and correction) that I was getting in sharing the time

with so many other students. So I finally decided to bite the dust and find a tutor, which is how I came across Andrea. Since I've started lessons with her, all my friends (Germans) have mentioned they've noticed significant improvements in my ability to communicate and understand. Andrea has been able to simplify my understanding of concepts and her fluency in English has also been a great help as she is able to teach me some difficult concept by relating to its English equivalents, making it easier for me to understand. 

As part of our lessons together, we work with a grammar book performing exercises and enforcing concepts, utilize vocabulary worksheets for me to study from home, read short stories, and have free speak. Each lesson can be tailored to ones needs or certain aspects focused on more so than others. As part of our free speak lessons, we either choose a topic or I just talk about my life (e.g work, vacations, dating, etc.). She pretty much hears everything! As part of this, she corrects my sentence structure and pronunciations and for things I don't know how to say in German, she will write in a notebook that I also bring along. This has been extremely valuable for me as I often start catching my mistakes as soon as they come out of my mouth, which I can thank Andrea for in helping me recognize!

She has also been very flexible in accommodating my work schedule as I normally do lessons on Saturdays or in the evenings during the week. 

I cant thank Andrea enough for all her help thus far and highly recommend her to anyone else looking for a tutor here in Munich! 

When I moved to Germany, my workplace recommended to take lessons at a well-known language school. Classes were at fixed times after work. If you had to work late, you simply missed the class and did not have the opportunity to join another class on that topic. The big disadvantage for me was that time was spend on topics that I did not need to review again and topics that I struggled with did not get enough attention. I was so frustrated. Then I met Andrea and things started to change! She is so patient and flexible. Always trying her best to accomodate my schedule for class and adjusts the lessons according to my progress. My only regret is that I did not meet her sooner! She is fluent in English which makes explaining and understanding easier. Not only is she an excellent teacher, but such a nice person to work with. You are actually looking forward to your next class :0)

Andrea, I cannot thank you enough and I am so happy and grateful that I have found you on this website. Highly recommended!!!!

I want to add my praise for Andrea, after years of living here my German improved "sloooowly" I attended classes when I moved to Munich first but my level of German never really improved beyond what I learnt in those first few years. Andrea's method was just what I needed to bridge the gap between stumbling and running... I feel much more confident now when I speak German and know when to use what. Her teaching method is tailored to each individuals needs and not just learned by rote from a book. I highly recommend a class with Andrea, she is addictive ;-)

I took few courses and learned with few teachers but Andrea was ( and is ) the best one !!!

Suddenly  the grammar is so clear and simple . 

Andrea explains everything in such clear , bright way and she definitely knows how to teach German !!

she is really the best !!

Having had tuition from Andrea for the period I was living in Munich, I have to say I thought she was an excellent teacher with a very structured approach. It very quickly became apparent that she has a genuine passion for teaching languages, she is very friendly and also extremely flexible with regards to appointments (I often arranged lessons with little notice).