Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gewerbe for online shop

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

This is not a gewerbe tax related topic, but rather a technical question.

I’ve moved to Germany recently and I am planning to open a small online shop for organic care products. For this, I went to the local Stadtverwaltung - Technisches Rathaus and asked for the Gewerbe. I received in return two forms to fill in : the application form Gewerbeanmeldung and a questionnaire called “fragebogen zur feststellung der gewerblichen selbständigkeit”.

As I couldn’t stay and fill in the forms in the office , I took them as homework, and after a google translate (don’t have any german speaking help unfortunately), I didn't understand exactly what I need to fill in. The questions translated word by word don’t make much sense.

I don’t want to throw myself blindly in this, but I need the gewerbe to be able to go online and trade, therefore can someone recommend me what to do, whom to contact to go through the points and fill this wittingly? Can you recommend someone that can provide legal advice to start such a business?

Thanks in advance

Sbircri, you are going to need an accountant to deal with your book-keeping and your taxes. If I were you I'd hire one now and have him or her help you with the set up process.

If you don't know any accountants I can recommend mine to you. I've had him for ten years and I think he's done a very good job, including defending me tooth and nail the few times the Finanzamt has tried to take me for a ride. If you want his contact information please PM me.

Good luck.

If you searched already, then you should have got some good links. Really, just try "gewerbe-anmeldung English" on Google. There are two PDF documents on the first page which gives you step by step instructions. One of them is official, other is really helpful- Guide in English.

Very helpful website start-up germany.

If you still need help, then you should really consider professional advice. There may be many other regulations or registrations required for selling skin care products. I would suggest going to IHK (Chambers of Industry and commerce) first to get an idea if you are really lost where to start. They are there specifically to guide you on this. You can then decide to use an accountant after you know what to do.

Thanks Prestononline. This blog is golden ... I've perused already the IHK website, but I didn't have the english version of Gewerbeanmeldung.

I was able to fill in half of it in German, but now everything is done properly.

On the other hand, I am not able to find this questionnaire anywhere, not even in German "Fragebogen zur feststellung der gewerblichen selbständigkeit".

I think I will go back to Stadtverwaltung - Technisches Rathaus with what I have filled until now, and ask them to help me with the rest.

Will see what I can find out further from the Chamber of Commerce.

By "going to IHK" I meant going physically and having a consultation. I think it is free, at least in some IHK's.

On the other hand, I am not able to find this questionnaire anywhere, not even in German "Fragebogen zur feststellung der gewerblichen selbständigkeit".

Is this not the same tax form? From the title it looks like a questionare to determine your activity. Maybe someone here recognizes what form it is if you post a copy of it.

But I suppose it is to determine if you have to register a gewerbe or can do freelancing. And if you need to register, then which industry or activity you fall under. They have a long list.

VICTORY ! I've managed to fill in all the forms for Gewerbeameldung and the 8 pages questionnaire, also the finantzamt ones :) I didn't think to make a copy of the questionnaire, to publish it somewhere and try some translation in English :(

I've found a great expats tax consultants, very professional and helpful to help me with the financial stuff.

I am officially registered, waiting for the tax number in 2 weeks or so.

On Friday I am planning to go to the local IHK as well, to check where I am in the process and what else do I need.

Thanks all for your answers ! 

Can you repost the link for "start up germany" as it just seems to redirect to this page?

Can you repost the link for "start up germany" as it just seems to redirect to this page?

​TT is being upgraded, for a week now. The old links have gone haywire and are supposed to start working once again when the upgrade has been completed. In the meanwhile, have you tried 

Really, just try "gewerbe-anmeldung English" on Google. 

​It is the third link on the list. Or even try "start up germany" on Google, it is one of the top three. Here you go http://startupgermany.tumblr.com/

On 18/05/2015, 16:22:26, prestononline said:

TT is being upgraded, for a week now. The old links have gone haywire and are supposed to start working once again when the upgrade has been completed. In the meanwhile, have you tried 

It is the third link on the list. Or even try "start up germany" on Google, it is one of the top three. Here you go http://startupgermany.tumblr.com/

That link now leads to a weightloss site🤨. 

Try this

https://deutschestartups.org/en/

and this

https://www.hk24.de/en