Etiquette for parcels left with neighbours

Who should put in the effort   99 votes

1. 1. Who should put in the effort?

• The person with the yellow card should go collect the parcel.
    • The person with the parcel should try and deliver it to the intended recipient.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

85 posts in this topic

@lisa13 @Santitas I'm in Berlin (since 2006) and my building is not like that and neither are any of the homes I regularly visit.  Our building looks like it maybe *used* to be like that, but somewhere along the line the etageordnung was interrupted or abandoned. 

57 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I'm in Berlin (since 2006

Dear Dessa, at the risk of having something jump up and bite me, it seems that you have been in Berlin too long.

We signed a form to say we would accept parecels for neighbours, as did they. 

IT is all doppel and single houses, and seems to work well. The yellow card holder comes and collects. Have refused a couple of very large furniture boxes!

10 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

@lisa13 @Santitas I'm in Berlin (since 2006) and my building is not like that and neither are any of the homes I regularly visit.  Our building looks like it maybe *used* to be like that, but somewhere along the line the etageordnung was interrupted or abandoned. 

Hmm maybe it depends on the building. I’ve lived in two different Plattenbau and two Neubau since I’ve been here and they’ve all been fairly orderly, but now that I think about it, they’re all in the former eastern part of Berlin. Maybe that’s got something to do with it?

Sounds like a reasonable enough theory... I live in an unsexy Neubau in the west and everyone I know nowadays lives out here too.  The one place that I did used to visit frequently and actually noticed a pattern was in Friedrichshain.  Altbau though.