Watch UK TV via the Amazon Fire TV stick

66 posts in this topic

Yeah, it is free for private use though. That's the commercial licence, you only have to pay for it if you are going to use it commercially (I.e. repair other people computers remotely and earn money from it). Don't worry, go ahead and download it on your phone and on your computer. After you're done with your session it'll say that it was a  free private session and they thank you for playing fair.

Proof so you don't have to worry:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/credentials/free-for-personal-use/

5 hours ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

Is this the right app?  The license is quite expensive.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/pricing/

Hi all.

I also bought the firestick. 40 euros, wow, better than 400 for a new smart TV.

I use expressVPN which is an app installed on the firestick. It is extremely annoying with constant pausing and reloading.

Anyone got any good VPN recommendations to use on the firestick? Thanks in advance

25 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@oscar 63 A lot of people have good luck with Getflix or Nord VPN.

thanks, will give them a go.

Update - got Nord VPN. Great with Iplayer, hardly any stuttering on the stream - ITV not working so far?

Osc

If you want live tv and you are willing to pay for it then I've had good luck with a Swiss vpn endpoint and a Zattoo subscription. It's important to buy a swiss subscription not a German one though because Zattoo Germany doesn't carry UK channels.

Actually looking at the list here it seems that they now offer SD UK channels as part of their free offer so that might be even cheaper. Just set Nord VPN to a swiss endpoint and give it a try,