Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can TESA status be changed by the Finanzamt?

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I currently have TESA status. I married a German approximately 18 months ago. My company uses a third party company to file all employee taxes. Without my knowledge or consent, the tax consultant called the Finanzamt with my name and asked if I should pay taxes in Germany since I married a German. The Finanzampt told the the consultant that my TESA/SOFA had been revoked since I married a German, and I must pay taxes in Germany. I was able to verify that my TESA/SOFA had not been revoked and is still currently active. Can my current status be changed based on the unauthorized actions of the tax consultant, or will this just be an issue I have to deal with if I apply for TESA again? I have never received any formal notification from the Finanzampt regarding their view point on my tax liability.

Don't know/care who/what Finanzampt is, but you'll be notified by DOCPER (likely through your COR) if you're yellow or red carded due to the change in your personal circumstances. For further details you should probably contact your COR or DOCPER